To Flash or not to Flash (firmware update)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I am getting ready to sell one of my Oppo units. I was wondering if it would be a good thing to flash the player with a firmware update before I list it for sale? It's working fine as is.

On the other hand, it is one of the lucky few models that has been confirmed to rip SACD to files, and I would hate to destroy this ability of the player (if Oppo has came out with the death cure), for that very attractive hidden feature. I don't trust anyone offering updates or what have you.

I am getting ready to sell one of my Oppo units. I was wondering if it would be a good thing to flash the player with a firmware update before I list it for sale? It's working fine as is.

On the other hand, it is one of the lucky few models that has been confirmed to rip SACD to files, and I would hate to destroy this ability of the player (if Oppo has came out with the death cure), for that very attractive hidden feature. I don't trust anyone offering updates or what have you.

I'd leave well enough alone. There isn't an update that's worth the possibility of losing the ability to rip SACDs.

Which model?

Why would it matter, just asking?

I have three different Oppos and am curious if one of them will rip SACDs. You said "confirmed", if you would rather provide a link than an answer that would probably be even more helpful. Thanks.

I have three different Oppos and am curious if one of them will rip SACDs. You said "confirmed", if you would rather provide a link than an answer that would probably be even more helpful. Thanks.

I would like to know that also. I am sure that my BDP-83 won't do it, but I am hoping that my BDP-103D will ... although it has the latest firmware version, so it may not.

I'm almost positive that none of the firmware updates will affect the ability to rip sacd's. The firmware that I don't want to mess with is on my old BDP-93 that allows it to play iso images. The sacd rip is more controlled by the mediatek chip than the oppo firmware and can't imagine Oppo would ever mess with it.

K

It is the 103, 103D, and 105, 105D for sure will rip SACD, and maybe one other as well. I thought everyone knew. :smokin

Back