Quadraphonic on a 7.1 surround system?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like your AVR has upmixing set to automatic .

If there's a 'direct' mode, try that. Sometimes you have to dig deep into the owner's manuals too.

that's the thing, I am in direct mode, there's even a 'pure direct" mode that cuts off even more processing but even pure direct doesn't play back 4.0

the only way to play back 4.0 is to set my "speaker settings" to 4.0 speakers, even when I have 7.1 hooked up so that it "fools" the system into thinking I only have 4.0 speakers to work with but there's got to be a way other than "fooling" my system.

It's maddening

that's the thing, I am in direct mode, there's even a 'pure direct" mode that cuts off even more processing but even pure direct doesn't play back 4.0

the only way to play back 4.0 is to set my "speaker settings" to 4.0 speakers, even when I have 7.1 hooked up so that it "fools" the system into thinking I only have 4.0 speakers to work with but there's got to be a way other than "fooling" my system.

It's maddening
My Lexicon replicates to the rears (when they exist and are configured in the settings) whatever is on the side surrounds (5.1 inputs, it doesn't have 7.1 inputs). Maybe you receiver has that "feature".

You can kill the signal(s) you don't want with one or several Sonance switches.

Back