HiRez Poll Alan Parsons Project, The - EYE IN THE SKY [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I voted a 9 on this one, I've voted it down because it sounds just a bit too clinically antiseptic and perfect, meaning there is sometimes a lack of life in the music, apart from that the surround mix is great, I'm not familiar with this album, having never owned it unlike some of the others, it's possible I heard it soon after it's release but thought it a bit bland, I can't remember, I did buy 'tales' when it was first out, then 'Pyramid' 'Eve' Turn' and 'Ammonia' but not this one for some reason.
I couldn't wait for the standalone Blu-ray and I'm very pleased with the box set, again I'll probably never listen to the vinyl, even though I have the capability, the surround is all I need!

If there's a singular feature of his work that is instantly recognizable it's his vocal sound. Breathy, choir-like harmonies adorn thick, breathy leads -- at least, when Mr. Woolfson is at the mic. The Alan Parsons sound was never more fully realized than when he sang lead. I nearly wish that Eric had helmed every track, though I am fully aware Mr. Parsons would not agree.
Every time I listen to "Old and Wise" I wish Colin would sing lead on every track.

Blu-ray audio is on sale at acoustic sounds for 19.99..ships August 3rd
Amazon.com has a placeholder listing for August 3rd

Glad to finally see this come to life!
I had given up hope on a single disc release.
I already have the box set, but I might just buy this single disc edition too in order to voice my support for future releases.
I won't be happy until we get other APP albums like "I Robot", "Pyramid", "Turn of a Friendly Card", and "Ammonia Ave" in 5.1 surround too.

:)

Breté.......Be sure to mark the date on your calendar!:) it's August 3rd, boys and girls!

https://rfclipart.com/image/big/f3-...wnload-Royalty-free-Vector-File-EPS-14408.jpg

I've got it on pre-order, Ralphié ;) This song brings me so back to the early 80s. The airwaves were filled with songs from Aja & Gaucho, Toto, Asia, Journey, Jackson Browne, REO Speedwagon, Men at Work, Hall & Oats, The Go-Go's, Human League, Kim Carnes, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, Blondie, and.... of course Olivia Newton John getting Physical. It will be fun to have.

Last edited:
Back