Markus Reuter (Stick Men) is asking if we want candy ...I mean, a 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
HEADS UP GUYS!!!
if you don't have him on FB, here's his post!!!!

"Are you interested in a free 5.1 mix of the "Live in Morelia" release? If so, send a message to [email protected] with the subject line "Morelia 5.1" and/or comment on this post.

Also, if you know of any surround sound enthusiast forums or Facebook group, please tell me about those by commenting below as well. Thanks!!

TELL HIM WE DOOOOOO!!!!!!

Cheers!

:smokin

Before I delve into deep search, Markus is asking me to do MCH FLACS so it's easier to download and play..
I have a Mac..
what is it you do them with ...foobar???

:mad:@:

Foobar, JRiver, Kodi are all media players which will play surround FLACs, though I don't know whether of them any run on MACs. I actually play 5.1 FLACs through my Oppo which is on my home network, with the files stored on my NAS Drive. My PC is upstairs so I don't use it with foobar etc.

Before I delve into deep search, Markus is asking me to do MCH FLACS so it's easier to download and play..
I have a Mac..

I have a Mac..

Foobar works for me for DVD-A/SACD ISOs, for the rest I use AudioMuxer.

Last edited:
The files were sent as 6 individual mono channels in WAV format (24/48). I used the “merge mono wav/flac files” tool in Audiomuxer. The channel assignments are all correctly labeled so it’s an easy process. These are live Stick improvisations very much in the vein of Fripp soundscapes. Need to give this more than a casual listen.

Foobar, JRiver, Kodi are all media players which will play surround FLACs, though I don't know whether of them any run on MACs. I actually play 5.1 FLACs through my Oppo which is on my home network, with the files stored on my NAS Drive. My PC is upstairs so I don't use it with foobar etc.

I tried using my Oppo 95 for FLAC a few years ago and it had a horrible and slow user interface. Not sure what the new models are like. Kodi plays on MACs and should support multichannel FLAC since they have Intel processors with MCH decoding and HDMI support. Kodi also has internal software decoding for DTS-HDMA and Dolby TrueHD (from MKVs for example)

The Oppo 203 is a bit 'sticky' and 'clunky', I had been using a Panasonic DMP-BDT700EB which wasn't much better. I'm probably going to get an Intel NUC to put into the equipment rack at some point next year.

I tried using my Oppo 95 for FLAC a few years ago and it had a horrible and slow user interface. Not sure what the new models are like. Kodi plays on MACs and should support multichannel FLAC since they have Intel processors with MCH decoding and HDMI support. Kodi also has internal software decoding for DTS-HDMA and Dolby TrueHD (from MKVs for example)

The Oppo 203 is a bit 'sticky' and 'clunky', I had been using a Panasonic DMP-BDT700EB which wasn't much better. I'm probably going to get an Intel NUC to put into the equipment rack at some point next year.

You'll be very happy with a NUC. My i3 NUC (with Kodi) plays everything including 192/24 surround and DTS-HDMA videos. The user interface is very fast, instant navigation. I bit tricky to set up but I love the automated artist Slideshow when playing back audio only. If you've got a smart phone or tablet the various remote apps are very good too.

I have a Mac..

I've been using Nightingale to play multichannel FLAC files. I am also on a Mac. Nightingale is the successor to Songbird.

Thanks, guys..
but I guess I did not express myself too clearly...I wanted to know how to CREATE MCH FLACS from 6 single channel files (in a Mac)...I guess you can't!!!

:(

@kapn Are you comfortable with the command line? There are several ways and I could send you a PM with instructions.

@kapn Are you comfortable with the command line? There are several ways and I could send you a PM with instructions.

Funny...for someone who started with "BASIC" over 30 years ago and having been a Synclavier operator, I can't say that I'd be comfortable with the command line in a Mac (or in a PC)..
Thanks so much for the offer!!

I downloaded those files, muxed them up, converted them to FLAC, uploaded them to the cloud, and made them available to Markus. I used Soundforge and Audiomuxer. Not sure if those apps run on Macs. Thanks for the tip about the surround music kap'n krunch. Maybe Markus will make the multichannel flac files accessible to others and they'll be easier to play for everyone. We'll see.

Thanks again for the tip and thanks to Markus for the music. Gotta love this forum.

I have a Mac..

I downloaded those files, muxed them up, converted them to FLAC, uploaded them to the cloud, and made them available to Markus. I used Soundforge and Audiomuxer. Not sure if those apps run on Macs. Thanks for the tip about the surround music kap'n krunch. Maybe Markus will make the multichannel flac files accessible to others and they'll be easier to play for everyone. We'll see.

Thanks again for the tip and thanks to Markus for the music. Gotta love this forum.

Thank YOU for lending Markus a hand....
Also found out that (in WINDOWS) they can also be exported with Nuendo and Cubase!!!

Yup..gotta love this Forum!

:smokin

Hi everybody, and thanks George!

I'm currently in the process of uploading the multichannel FLACs that George gave me (for "Live in Morelia 2016"). Send me a private message if you want the download link. No sure how much traffic my Dropbox will be able to take, so if anybody of you wants to mirror the files somewhere, that'd be fantastic.

BTW, I'm planning to start remixing most of my back catalogue into surround as early as next year. That will include centrozoon, solo, maybe some Stick Men and Ian Boddy/Markus Reuter. Most of my more ambient/experimental releases have been written with the multichannel idea in mind initially, and I'm looking forward to finally presenting the music as such.

I want to introduce myself properly in a more appropriate place in this forum. Someone please point me to where I should do that.

More later and thanks mucho for now,
Markus

I'm currently in the process of uploading the multichannel FLACs that George gave me (for "Live in Morelia 2016"). Send me a private message if you want the download link. No sure how much traffic my Dropbox will be able to take, so if anybody of you wants to mirror the files somewhere, that'd be fantastic.

BTW, I'm planning to start remixing most of my back catalogue into surround as early as next year. That will include centrozoon, solo, maybe some Stick Men and Ian Boddy/Markus Reuter. Most of my more ambient/experimental releases have been written with the multichannel idea in mind initially, and I'm looking forward to finally presenting the music as such.

I want to introduce myself properly in a more appropriate place in this forum. Someone please point me to where I should do that.

Markus

Hey Markus. I’ll create a thread for you in the “Surround Artists/Engineers/Producers” section.
Thanks for joining us!

:)

Markus
Oef, excellent first post, mixing most of your back catalogue into surround :) Welcome :)

Markus

Hi all, Markus gave me the go ahead to help him share the flac files. See here a link to my dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/izkg7hl4462htpa/Markus Reuter - Live in Morelia 2016 - 5.1 FLAC.zip?dl=0 it is a dropbox basic, therefore bandwith is limited to 20GB per day.

Not a requirement, but mentioning it just in case: If you want to make
a donation, consider using the "name your price" option for the stereo
version of the album that you can find here:
https://markusreuter.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-morelia-2016-free-download

Back