AMAZING NEIL YOUNG JUST PUT EVERYTHING HE'S DONE FOR FREE STREAMING !!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here's the deal...

"Between now and June 30, you’ll have free access to the entire Neil Young Archives with unlimited streaming. So have at it! (And don’t worry; once your trial is up, you’ll be able to sign up for a subscription at a very modest cost.)"

including all unreleased stuff !!:banana:........

Right now it is really just everything he's released, with a few trinkets here & there. However the good news is that most of those unreleased albums that everybody knows about & talks about are stubbed into the timeline, meaning they're coming in one form or another (Chrome Dreams, Homegrown, etc). My guess is those will be released for sale individually (like Hitchhiker), then make their way to the timeline (maybe after it goes subscription). At any rate, I am super psyched for the coming stuff. :banana:

Not to minimize what is already out there at all. It is super cool - well organized and the little bit I played with it, it seemed to work better than I would've expected something like this to work right off the bat. Not everything Neil says & does works out as expected, however, looks like this time it might!

Oh the quandry, CD's vs DVD Audio vs Vinyl vs Bluray audio, and now Hi res downloads. Which is the best? It seems like we are constantly buying our favorite music, looking for the best recording. Many sound experts say it is impossible for your hear a difference between 24/192 or 16/44 audio, but you can trick your brain into hearing a difference. I remember when CD's first came out, we were supposed to get copies of the "Master tape". Well, very seldom was that the case. I get really frustrated when a record sounds better than a CD because CD's were supposed to be absolutely superior to records. What a scam the music industry put on us!. This is coming from a guy who has collected dts, hi res sacds, dvd audios and recently bluray pure audio discs and still has trouble hearing a difference between hi res and 16/44 pcm. Now along comes Neil Young's archive website, which contains all of his album streams. I've been listening to these album streams and comparing them to my Neil Young CDs , including the "Harvest" DVD audio disc. Exact same system, exact same volume levels and switching back and forth. For the first time I can hear a difference in digital music and it is immediately noticeable! All of these streams sound wonderful regardless of their bit rate! All of my discs, including hi res, are just missing a "smoothness" and an "airy" quality of sound in the stereo soundfield which is is hard to describe, but it is very similar to what I hear in vinyl. I would prefer listening to Neil's streaming music rather than my pcm hard copies. I still can't hear a difference between 24/192, 24/44 and 16/44 streams, which seems to coincide with the sound experts. MY REVELATION IS THIS.....NEIL YOUNG HAS GIVEN THE ENTIRE WORLD ACCESS TO 1st GEN MASTER TAPES! Yea folks, 1st generation copies... WOW.

Back