Steven Wilson Steven Wilson - last Day of June

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcond

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
LAST DAY OF JUNE SOUNDTRACK TO BE RELEASED 1ST DECEMBER
NOVEMBER 28, 2017
My soundtrack for Last Day of June will be released digitally this Friday, 1st December. The soundtrack is comprised of 15 pieces of music adapted from my four albums, Insurgentes, Grace For Drowning, The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) and Hand.Cannot.Erase., as well as pieces by my ambient/electronic project Bass Communion. All of the tracks were especially edited instrumental versions created exclusively for the game, including alternate versions of Routine, The Raven that Refused to Sing, Deform To Form A Star, and many others.
-----------
I didn’t see any mention of this elsewhere but with all the excitement around Farewell to Kings and all the other surround releases we are getting, this seems to have slipped under the radar. Does anyone have additional info on this? Is it streaming / download only, or should we expect a physical release? No mention of a 5.1 mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is up at 7digital, https://www.7digital.com/artist/ste...original-game-soundtrack-7166099?f=12,16,17,9 as 16/44.1.
Qobuz, http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/last-day-of-june-steven-wilson/0060256723951
Knowing SW, it will probably get several releases in the next year or so.

Listening to it now on Spotify. About 5 tracks in, mostly acoustic guitar, piano and orchestration, almost no drums so far. Really melancholy, dark but beautiful, but all familiar and recognizable.

Would be fantastic in 5.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I contacted the game developers who told me that there are currently no plans for a multi-channel release, which is a shame. The game is utterly amazing, made more so by the stunning music. The way Wilson took existing material and reworked it is almost as if he had pre-planned it this way. I was reminded of how Peter Gabriel did a similar thing with the Birdy soundtrack.

There have been a few PS4 game soundtracks that have been released directly in the Playstation store in multi-channel, most notably the quite exquisite and exceptional original score to the delightfully unique "Everybody's Gone To The Rapture", by Jessica Curry. The whole album was delivered in 7.1 and can be played back directly from the PS4, and also allows you to save a stereo version to an external drive so that you can play it back outside of the console. "Journey" is another game that has its soundtrack for sale in 7.1 over in the PS Store. And they're both just £3.99!

As for Last Day of June, the stereo version will have to suffice for now :)

Back