Michael Jackson's Thriller in 3D & Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to hear this in surround! Although I didn't like this comment:

"The mix didn’t change that much from stereo to Dolby Atmos"

I look at this as another way to get surround music...sort of a "back door" approach...some of these might not be what a lot of people would expect from a surround mix...but it certainly can help with some improved fidelity on some of these titles...my best version of Thriller is a CD which it took me months to find the right edition...any type of surround will be awesome..

I have the SACD of Thriller. The opening drum lines (synthesized) of Billy Jean jump right out of the speakers with tremendous dynamics. I use that track as an demo of what can be achieved with SACD. It will be interesting to see what they do with it in surround.

I have the SACD of Thriller. The opening drum lines (synthesized) of Billy Jean jump right out of the speakers with tremendous dynamics. I use that track as an demo of what can be achieved with SACD. It will be interesting to see what they do with it in surround.

When I considered going after the Thriller SACD the research was so mixed I just dropped it...there were a lot of negative opinions and at that time it was in the $150 range...now they are in the $200 price point... and for a non surround title it has to sound impressive for me to even consider it...and when I got the right version in CD form I was more than pleased...the CD has an album DR of 13 with peaks of 15 for some songs...now a surround version would certainly change my mind and I'd buy it...but when I see downloads like this one..I'm more than pleased with my CD version

i have the "HD tracks" version of Thriller; does somebody thinks the SACD version of this title could somehow be superior to the downloadable file version?

I have the HD Tracks version which sounds great through the Surround Master, especially the title track with footsteps circling the room and werewolf howls over your shoulder.:yikes

I have the HD Tracks version which sounds great through the Surround Master, especially the title track with footsteps circling the room and werewolf howls over your shoulder.:yikes

I'll say it one more time; MAJOR ARTISTS have been mixing their albums in "stealth" surround...especially in DPL II!!!!

Not on purpose... But introduce enough out-of-phase material and a matrix decoder or surround processor will have a field day.

oh, heck yeah..all of the outboard fx, DDLs, etc will do it..even Synths...Synergy's "Cords" is a BLAST and it sounds like it was mixed to QS...and it wasn't..I know cause Larry Fast himself confirmed it!

I suddenly remembered that many years ago I read a magazine where Mick Guzauski said he had mixed the Thriller album in 5.1, back when Michael was still alive. I suggested to get in touch with him to see if he knew where to get it. The next day we got it from Sony.

Yes, so bloody well let's have it Sony!!!!

Back