HiRez Poll Conniff, Ray - ALONE AGAIN (NATURALLY) & LOVE THEME FROM THE GODFATHER [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please rate the SACD of Ray Conniff - ALONE AGAIN & LOVE THEME FROM THE GODFATHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2017 Multichannel SACD release from Dutton Vocalion featuring two of Ray Conniff's classic albums, "Alone Again (Naturally)" and "Love Theme from The Godfather". The SACD features the classic 1970s Quadraphonic mix of each album.

(n) :) (y)

Alone Again (Naturally)
1. Alone Again (Naturally) (O’Sullivan)
2. Song Sung Blue (Diamond)
3. Where is the Love (MacDonald; Salter)
4. The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA (Fargo)
5. The Candy Man (Newley; Bricusse) from the film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
6. Because (Clark)
7. Daddy Don’t You Walk So Fast (Stephens; Callander)
8. Day by Day (Schwartz) from the musical Godspell
9. Run to Me (B, R & M Gibb)
10. Too Young (Lippman; Dee)
11. Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl) (Lurie)

Love Theme from The Godfather (Speak Softly Love)
12. Love Theme from The Godfather (Speak Softly Love) (Rota; Kusik) from the film
13. Hurting Each Other (Geld; Udell)
14. A Horse with No Name (Bunnell)
15. I Need You (Beckley)
16. Living in a House Divided (Bahler)
17. Precious and Few (Nims)
18. Without You (Ham; Evans)
19. A Cowboy’s Work is Never Done (Bono)
20. The First Time Ever (I Saw Your Face) (MacColl)
21. Shaft (Hayes) theme from the film
22. The Way of Love (Dieval; Stillman)

THE RAY CONNIFF SINGERS
Jackie Ward, Sue Allen, Sally Stevens, Ron Hicklin, Tom Bahler, John Bahler, Ray Conniff

Multi-ch Stereo
All tracks available in stereo and multi-channel

SA-CD
This hybrid CD can be played on any standard CD players

CDLK4611

81r%2Bxu8qgSL._SL1420_.jpg

Easy Listening indeed, but it is remarkably well arranged and executed. It is an art in itself.

I've played my favourite tracks from this disc several times now and I will keep playing them.

Another 10

Another 8 for me, enjoyable just not going to be favorite.

Just received my first Dutton/Vocalion order since Richard Nixon resigned and I've opted to start the fun with this one. As I had imagined, I can finally retire my Q8 of this one, which I've played lots.

I'm a fan of this lighter side of Pop Music so I'll be spinning this one often. Love the mixes and they only help appreciate the quality of the recording, the arrangements, the players and singers, all of which are bathed in pure sunshine. As much as I love these guys, some of the tracks chosen may not have fitted their style all that much and makes the songs a tad funny to hear. Shaft is the best example. That being said, I find the second album found on this disc, Love Theme From The Godfather, more solid as far as song selection goes and I find the sound quality (both in the overall sound and strength of the mixes) to be superior to Alone Again Naturally.

Where is the love Ray and his crew ask? It's in this disc I tell you.

Thank you Mr. Dutton for picking these two titles and for taking the time to make sound so superbly! For 2019, please get in touch with the people responsible for the Ranwood catalog so we may get a Lawrence Welk Quad 2fer. ;)

A sugar coated 8 for me. :)

Last edited:
Back