Which discs have DTS-ES 6.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my own collection, I've now ripped End of the Innocence (just the song), N.E.R.D., Everclear and Crystal Method and converted them to 7.1 FLACs (with the single rear channel duplicated).

I found it interesting that Everclear and The Crystal Method had that extra channel at wildly varying volumes, but mostly really low. I went ahead and manually amplified them all so they'd be on par with the other channels.

So far, I like the 6.1 surround experience in Everclear the most! You can really tell the extra channel is there and it adds to the experience mostly in the quieter parts though (breakdowns, beginnings/endings of songs). Crystal Method is good too, but not as good as I was expecting, knowing how crazy discrete the 5.1 mix is to begin with. Haven't listened to the N.E.R.D. 6.1, yet, but will soon.

For The End of the Innocence, I honestly can't really tell much difference to 5.1. It seems to me extra channel contains little to no discrete stuff to make it a noteworthy expansion.

Seems like I don't have any other 6.1 discs in my collection, but your responses above are really helpful for me to know which ones to look out for. I do own The Globe Sessions, but it's the SACD. (love that disc).
Hello Bright Side, Do you have the doors movie? it has a dts 6.1 soundtrack.

Back