2018 Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame inductees announced.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would have been perfect had they swapped Bon Jovi for the zombies but at least
The Moody’s finally made it. :brew

Let "The Cars" series of Super Deluxe Box Sets with Surround begin!

Well the first album should hopefully be released like that next year for its 40th anniversary.
Both "Candy-O" and "Panorama" were reissued this year, so I don't expect anything else will be done with those records anytime soon.

Still, it's nice to see them finally in the induction lineup along with Dire Straits, but no one this coming year deserves the honor more than the Moody Blues!

:)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

The Moody Blues? The Moody Blues? About effin' time!!!! All of their classic seven albums along with a few others are tailor-made for surround. Congratulations to them! My wife bought me one of their DVD's and the interview at the end is where they said that their albums were going to be re-issued in SACD surround. That's when I decided it was worth the plunge to get back into surround and bought an SACD player and 7.1 receiver. They're the reason I participate in this forum.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Iam hopeful they can get Mike Pinder and Ray Thomas to rejoin Justin, John and Graeme it would be a very special moment for fans of this great band even if they had to use there touring band as support.

Iam hopeful they can get Mike Pinder and Ray Thomas to rejoin Justin, John and Graeme it would be a very special moment for fans of this great band even if they had to use there touring band as support.

I'm sure Mike Pinder will be present, but I'm not sure about Ray Thomas, just because he's dealt with a lot of health-related issues since leaving the band around the start of the millennium. Still, I at least hope he's able to make it.

I'm wondering which songs they will perform (together).
I think it will look something like this: "Tuesday Afternoon", "Nights in White Satin", & "I'm Just A Singer In A Rock 'N' Roll Band"
OR: "I'm Just A Singer In A Rock 'N' Roll Band", "Nights In White Satin" & "Question"

Either way, I think they will play two Hayward-penned songs and one of John Lodge's

Sentimental favorites, but....how many have the Moody Blues influenced, really?

And Bon Jovi in before Radiohead? Before Judas Priest? Before Kate Bush? :confused:

And Bon Jovi in before Radiohead? Before Judas Priest? Before Kate Bush? :confused:

My youngest son is a huge Radiohead fan, and I told him they would get in for sure.....guess I didn't know. Hard for me to fathom honestly.

Well, Radiohead haven't been a "rock" band since 1997. They also don't care at all about the RNRHOF, so I would imagine that affected them.
I was surprised too.

I love Radiohead, but next year is their first year of eligibility, whereas all of the acts being inducted in next year had to wait several years since they first became eligible, especially the Moody Blues.

Justin tweeted he'd welcome Ray and Mike to join if desired. If Mike is doing this, they should work out one of his songs. I would love to see Ray sing again, last pic i saw he was struggling to just get around. His knees are shot from when he was a young player before the Moodies, he used to run onto stage sliding across the floor on his knees. Fun then, trashed now. Moves with a cane.

ray thomas2.jpg

I'm sure Mike Pinder will be present, but I'm not sure about Ray Thomas, just because he's dealt with a lot of health-related issues since leaving the band around the start of the millennium. Still, I at least hope he's able to make it.

I'm wondering which songs they will perform (together).
I think it will look something like this: "Tuesday Afternoon", "Nights in White Satin", & "I'm Just A Singer In A Rock 'N' Roll Band"
OR: "I'm Just A Singer In A Rock 'N' Roll Band", "Nights In White Satin" & "Question"

Either way, I think they will play two Hayward-penned songs and one of John Lodge's

The Moody Blues not being in the RRHOF a long time ago is another bad RRHOF joke.

Well they influenced my father to name me after Justin Hayward in 1971. :)

Happy about that, and their long overdue induction.
The Moodies influenced many with 'Days of Future Passed' in particular, and I think a lot of prog bands owe them a debt. I always look at this every year and say that I don't care, but it's nice to see this years members. I actually like all of them (confession: had to look up Sister Rosetta Tharpe).

So glad Dire Straits and the Moodies are getting in. The sad thing about the Moodies is that this will be the 2nd year in a row Patrick Moraz (after not being included with Yes last year) is snubbed though in this case since he took them to court after being fired I'd imagine there's been no big push to include him on the band's side of things. This was the best class I could have hoped for, since I knew Bon Jovi was a lock. I'm not enough of a metalhead to get fired up about them getting ahead of Judas Priest, but BJ sucks (although I have heard from a lot of people that Jon is a genuinely good person) all the same.

The very best thing that could happen is a proper Dire Straits reunion even if it's just for that one night.

Back