Zeppelin in 2018?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still cannot imagine that there will ever be any multi-channel Zep......but if there were....I'd probably have to have a heart attack as a result of the joy. :yikes

Jimmy Page has recently stated that next year there will be previously unheard LZ music and "all manner of surprises" released next year.

That statement can be taken several different ways, but if there's a new campaign of reissues so shortly after the most recent one, I can't imagine how they wouldn't include surround mixes.

The surprise might be that they would actually "sound" good...that's if Jimmy stepped aside and let someone else work on the LZ catalog...I have a better chance of winning the lottery...just saying..

Last edited:
I just send an email to Led Zep's site regarding the pressing need that their back catalogue be remixed into 5.1 or Dolby Atmos and reminded them that the Beatles, REM, Alan Parsons, Chicago, Talking Heads, etc. have all released 5.1 remixes [or Dolby Atmos] of their back catalogues.

Here is the email address: http://ledzepnews.com/contact/

QQ posters........GET the process rolling. I even mentioned that Steve Wilson would love to remix Led Zep IV into surround.
:51banana:

I'm sure this will end up being nothing more than some unreleased live recordings and maybe some unreleased studio recordings in the form of a "Coda" or "Endless River"-style release.

We NEVER conceived of the Beatles catalog being reissued in 5.1 surround so why ALL the glum faces?:( I'm tired of Debbie Downers. Make your voices known. Perhaps Page and Plant have mellowed to the point that they'll finally realize there DOES EXIST a lucrative market for surround.:banana:

I'm only a casual fan of LZ, but I loved the mix on the Page/Plant 'No Quarter' live DVD. Fingers crossed they bite the bullet and embrace the format again.

IV was listed as one of the albums in that old S&V article he said he wanted to do in surround.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/20-albums-deserve-be-surround-sound

They pretty much have flogged the past masters to death I think.

So perhaps (slight chance really) it's time they sweetened their Zep Menu offerings by offering some surround studio releases.

As per Elliott Scheiner and Warner....they tried to get IV and one more mixed for the fans........but ??

See pic post #132 at this link.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?5727-Elliott-Scheiner-5-1-Mixes/page6

There is a willing label fwiw, and Steven Wilson is a student of the E.S. school of surround.

They pretty much have flogged the past masters to death I think.

So perhaps (slight chance really) it's time they sweetened their Zep Menu offerings by offering some surround studio releases.

As per Elliott Scheiner and Warner....they tried to get IV and one more mixed for the fans........but ??

See pic post #132 at this link.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?5727-Elliott-Scheiner-5-1-Mixes/page6

There is a willing label fwiw, and Steven Wilson is a student of the E.S. school of surround.

I would just be happy to have an excellent sounding version of Houses of The Holy..on a disc...not a download.....I'm not talking about a surround release...just excellent fidelity and I would be happy...but Jimmy has screwed around with the material so much I doubt even Steven Wilson could fix them....but I'd sure like him to try:)

If they don't get surround sound mixes for the 50th anniversary issues I will be disappointed. Probably will be the last chance. Unless they are planning something for the 100th anniversary. if so I will pass.

I'll never get why in hell they never did any on quad for one real main point, and that was the live show I saw I know they did as part of the tour, it's on the video they put out from that tour, and it's where Jimmy plays his guitar with a bow, and they used effects that the sound was "bounced" off the back of the venue. It was no echo.
So, if they were doing that, why I wonder why quad was not embraced, especially Zep!

Not ever getting Whole Lotta Love in surround is a travesty given all the wild effects on the track. One of my favorite Zep songs...but I hardly listen to the band anymore because the recordings are of mediocre quality especially compared to the remixed hi-res stuff to which we've become accustomed.

Well, if I was running the show, Physical Graffiti would be the FIRST ONE done and I would let the guys who mixed the Lou Reed Montreux Blu Ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing one of the things that will come out is a repackaging of the 2003 DVD set with all the live footage, upgraded for Blu-ray. Hopefully with some more performances as I'm pretty sure there's a lot more that was filmed than what was represented. And I'd definitely bet that The Song Remains The Same gets a new 4K upgrade and released on UHD (since Warner Brothers actually bothers to do that for their catalog titles).

Back