laptop displayed on tv

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't change the drivers as it is a new laptop so it will have the correct drivers already, it is a Dell.

I have a new Dell XPS desktop (with an nVidia graphics to the Monitor via HDMI (no audio)) and it is much better than my ASUS laptop, & old Acer Desktop which frequently hiccup as ASUS & Acer mess with the default Windows installation so updates etc. often misbehave.

HDMI communicates with the 'target' device via a datalink. The Audio & Video are all part of the same digital data stream, separate to the device datalink. So your AVR should route the Visual to your TV and the Audio to the AVR speakers. So maybe it isn't seeing your laptop as an Audio/Visual source, just Audio. It maybe seeing too high a Video resolution for it to pass through, hence try reducing the video to a lower resolution. My feeling is its something to do with how your AVR is seeing the laptop HDMI data stream.

Got sidetracked doing other things. Yes, I will try the resolution. Honestly, I had tried it last night, but I'm pretty sure I didn't reboot laptop and AVR. So, I will try that again, with complete reboot. :)

Switched laptop resolution to match previous laptop, reboot all. Nada. Still get sound from AVR speakers, just no picture on TV. Ugh....

Have you moved to a new windows version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT WORKS!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::banana::banana::banana::banana::yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes:brew:brew:spot:smack::smack::woopie:bounce:

First off - yes, I had checked for Driver updates until I was blue in the face. But....just by chance, I checked for driver updates while the HDMI cable was connected to AVR and holy cow....it started updating!

GOS watched with bated breath as the updates installed...staring at my TV screen.....when they finished installing...laptop screen flashed and Ka-BOOM! I have a picture on my TV. Woo-freaking-hoo!

I need a drink.... :smokin

Brilliant - It must have seen your AVR as a peripheral and then got the correct driver for it

As for the booze how about some Real Ale to counterbalance! :brew
IT WORKS!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::banana::banana::banana::banana::yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes:brew:brew:spot:smack::smack::woopie:bounce:

First off - yes, I had checked for Driver updates until I was blue in the face. But....just by chance, I checked for driver updates while the HDMI cable was connected to AVR and holy cow....it started updating!

GOS watched with bated breath as the updates installed...staring at my TV screen.....when they finished installing...laptop screen flashed and Ka-BOOM! I have a picture on my TV. Woo-freaking-hoo!

IT WORKS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI6dsMeABpU

Back