Something different: Best value in a single 5.1 disc?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beatles Love was between $12 and $15 most of the time and I saw it at $9.99 a few times...Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's blu ray..$12 to $15 most of time...3 Doors Down Live Away From the Sun Monster Music DVD concert $4.99....Eagles Farewell Tour blu ray between $16 and $20..Elton 60 blu ray is still only $17.29 on amazon US and you are getting around 3 hours of QUALITY music...Ray Charles Monster Music DVD $4.99..George Benson DVD (2 different titles)$10 each..

Now if you were including quad..the Dutton Vocalion releases are killing it...

Listening to the Gentle Giant 3 Piece Suite CD in the car. It brought this thread to mind when I considered that you get a cd, plus a Blu-ray with as many discrete mixes as they could provide, as well as all three original albums in hi-res. What a cool concept for a release and a great value. I hope it does well and that similar titles are forthcoming to our community.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Elton John SACD's - exceptional sound, exceptional content (assuming you like Elton John) and STILL, pretty damn cheap.

Have to agree... when I first started collecting surround music a few years ago, the usual suspects were recommended (Brothers In Arms, Gaucho etc, all great) but for pure value (money paid/sound quality) those EJ SACDs are just so hard to beat :)

Have to agree... when I first started collecting surround music a few years ago, the usual suspects were recommended (Brothers In Arms, Gaucho etc, all great) but for pure value (money paid/sound quality) those EJ SACDs are just so hard to beat :)

BMG music club score! $5.99 each iirc.

I just wonder how many copies they made of some of his titles...like Tumbleweed Connection and Madman Across the Water...because up until 2 weeks ago they had both of those titles STILL on importcds and they still are available on amazon Here...they have been selling them for 13 years!..

I'll add Eri Claptons Give Me Strength package from Costco Canada. $49 Cdn for two albums on blu ray 5.1 audio and another4 or 5 CDs including a live concert. Can't go wrong.

Come on folks want to see your "best value" discs on here.
One more for me to jump-start this thing.
Porcupine Tree Anesthetize DVD or blu Ray. Very good surround sound DVD with an almost "Best of" package of tunes. And you can pick up the DVD for little more than a song and dance.
A must have.

I feel that is a personal thing. It boils down to personal likes, and one's favorite material.

Actually you do need a membership for Costco. Not sure if you need it to look online but to buy something you do. Well worth the cost of admission though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to Baggins' suggestion. I did not know Queen video Hits 2 even existed. His recommendation on this thread led me to this outstanding package of surround sound greatest hits in outstanding 5.1. Under Pressure and Radio ga ga are worth the price of admission alone, which was not much to begin with. A real steal.

Back