Atmos speakers and accoutrement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popshop

800 Club - QQ All-Star
I'm curious about speakers and what people have tried with Atmos. Any opinions or advice generally?
Seems to me that reflected sound off of the ceiling wouldn't be a very good method, but I haven't heard any system with Atmos - and it seems as though this is the standard (due to construction, home overlords, etc). What have been successful approaches for adding two speakers or more to an existing 5.1 system?
If not reflected, what is a common method for directional speakers for height? I have five Cambridge audio speakers and was thinking about adding more. Two for 7.1 and assuming two more for height, from the front?
Just curious on perspectives as I know only what I've read on the net and it's generally not from audiophiles such as those found on the good ol' QQ! Seems to be more soundbar-based.
I assume there's less discussion to be had about receivers, but I certainly could be mistaken.
Thanks in advance! I'm likely not the only one thinking of upgrading. This Automatic For The People talk has got me curious...:smokin

I'm doing two heights up front, just below the ceiling on the wall, angled down toward the sweet spot. My heights are the same size as my 7.1 rears, which are matched, but just a little smaller than my main channels. I'm using Definitive Promonitors and I like them.

Back