Art Garfunkel & Lynn Anderson in SACD Surround (Jan 2018)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubertrout

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Didn't see a thread for this yet, although one of the Garfunkel albums was mentioned elsewhere here today (which tipped me off to look). I'm seeing:

Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden & Lynn Anderson's Greatest Hits: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLK4612
Art Garfunkel - Angel Clare: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8534
Art Garfunkel - Breakaway: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8537

No official release yet, so there may be more?

And the thoroughly informative blog is now up.

PHPLIST_Jan2018.jpg

Wow, both Art's? That's a win-win right there. Was hoping AF would do Breakaway a few years ago, but this is just great.

(y):)(y)

OH... MY.. GOODNESS.....!!!!!!!!!! :woopie :wave

uncharacteristically speechless :yikes

will comment when i've got over the shock..!!! :violin

these are two very different mixes and albums but both exceptional Quads imho..!!! :nuke

Dutton Vocalion you've done it again..!!! :worthy

Cool! But no double-header on the Art Garfunkels, huh? Smart marketing;)

These probably cost them more so they did singles. Fine with me. That's cheap in my book. I paid way more than that on eBay trying to find a good copy of the Breakaway Q8. WAY MORE than that, and I never got one perfect, and no matter what magic I tried with the files, it was still a Q8.

Wow :banana::cool: Well that wasn't expected! :upthumb

So on order the two Art Garfunkel albums, its an amazing line-up of musicians who are playing on Angel Clare including the late great JJ Cale. Plus ordered & CDLX7343 Pierre Boulez conducts Stravinsky: Petrushka & Pulcinella Suite [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel].

That’s not amazon selling them. That’s Dutton Vocalion selling the releases through amazon.
We would be better off purchasing the titles directly from DV’s website and helping them out that way.

This is true. I just ordered 5 SACDs from them directly, paid 11 pounds for the tracked shipping (10 pounds untracked) and the whole thing came to under $100 including the shipping, which works out to less than $20 per SACD, which in my book is a freaking BARGAIN!!

For those uncomfortable ordering from overseas then the Amazon links are fine, but D-V probably makes more on the direct sales without Amazon taking a bit off the top!

QQ needs to rise up big on these non-classical/non-easy listening titles and show them THE MONEY!!!! ;)

That’s not amazon selling them. That’s Dutton Vocalion selling the releases through amazon.
We would be better off purchasing the titles directly from DV’s website and helping them out that way.

I know it is..but some people are reluctant to purchase from vendors outside the US...I obviously have no problems in that regard and I will purchase directly from them but I'm glad to see they are on amazon...it gives them greater exposure:)

I know it is..but some people are reluctant to purchase from vendors outside the US...I obviously have no problems in that regard and I will purchase directly from them but I'm glad to see they are on amazon...it gives them greater exposure:)

Great point, and thanks for taking the time to find and post the Amazon links. The main thing is that we need people to order these things and show that there really is a demand for stuff like this.

Back