External sound card

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lev

Hi,

I have a sound blaster external card connected to y 7001, it has fron(rear/sub outputs

i would like to buy one with center/front/rear/sub outputs to connect an amp for the center channel

Which do you recommend?

This is the one I have
20180109_004556.jpg
20180109_004608.jpg
20180109_004619.jpg

Kind regards

Seems to me you have already a unused Center/Sub out, so no need to change the soundcard.

Yes, but I also need one with front center channel

The one I have only has left/right front, left/right rear and sub outputs

Thanks for your answer

Hey Lev! I googled that sound card and it's definitely 5.1 capable. The one jack that you have open is for both LFE and Center channels. See the layouts here:
https://bajandealsfuhreal.wordpress...ound-blaster-live-external-sound-card-sb0490/

Here's a video about installing the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 card, which is similar to the card you have:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN2nGvGQEO8

Pay particular attention to what he says about the black and orange cable starting at around 1:45.

Basically, you'll need 3 cables into your sound card:

"FRONT" jack:
1 stereo cable
Channel 1: Front Left
Channel 2: Front Right
(you already have this)

"REAR" jack:
1 stereo cable
Channel 1: Rear Left
Channel 2: Rear Right
(you already have this)

"C/SUB" jack:
1 stereo cable
Channel 1: LFE
Channel 2: Center
(you still need this one)

If you do want to replace your external sound card, I recommend the Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1, which I used for a few years myself and was happy with. However, bear in mind that it doesn't work any differently from the card you already have.

Your only issue is that you are limited to 48k. I have been looking at sound cards lately. I'm thinking I may be better off just using HDMI.

Back