RIP Jim Rodford, Bassist with Argent, The Kinks, The Zombies

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I've just read on the BBC website that Jim Rodford, Bassist with Argent, and lately The Kinks & The Zombies (plus a few other bands) has died. I knew Jim from St. Albans, a really nice chap, and saw him a couple of years ago playing with the Cast Off Kinks playing my local Town Hall, I hadn't seen him in years, and the last time we'd talked I'd had hair, and as he pointed out he'd had more as well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42760180

I've had the good fortune of seeing the current lineup of The Zombies three times in the last six years or so, twice playing "Odessey and Oracle" with the surviving original members. I have tickets to see them again in March. I hope they carry on, but Jim Rodford will be missed.

I saw Jim play with The Kinks many times over the years - he always looked to be having a great time....not always easy when dealing with the bickering brothers.

RIP Jim.

That really hurts.

The only Kinks member ever that always looked like he was having fun on stage.

That really hurts.

The only Kinks member ever that always looked like he was having fun on stage.

I think he had a good sense of fun, he often used to come down to the pub and join us youngsters (including John Grimaldi - Argent guitarist who died tragically young of MS). I remember once back stage after an Argent gig, I heard a laugh like a donkey bray, I was about to say something when he said "My wife does have an unusual laugh", and burst out laughing (it was her!). Sadly it seems he died after falling down the stairs at home.

http://home.bt.com/news/showbiz-new...nd-the-zombies-dies-after-fall-11364244860621

He also had a short lived band Phoenix with ex-Argent members John Verity & Bob Henrit, so I've dug the vinyl out and will be giving it a listen

Back