Hugh Masekela (RIP)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was a very important musician in his country. He wrote what essentially became the theme song of the anti-Apartheid movement. Like a South African Bruce Springsteen.

I have an SACD of his from a few years ago but can't remember if it is in surround. Can't check at the moment as I am away from home.

XAPJ82020D64__94733__10232013044734-6025.jpg

Hope by Hugh Masakela is available in Stereo SACD and Stereo DSD Download (as well as LP and Analog Tape).
Great album. Transferred from Analog Tape to DSD by Kevin Gray. Highly recommended for fans of this legendary artist.

"This DSD rendering of Hope is as close as you're going to get to a live musical experience. The musicianship from the assembled lineup is spectacular. The soundstage created places you at the center of it as if you were sitting right there in the club as it was performed. There is no artifice no special effects or gimmicks just music by one of the preeminent trumpet masters of the Afro Beat Jazz movement. The mixing and mastering is superb. I sometimes forgot that this was a live recording only to be reminded by the enthusiastic applause coming from the audience at the end of each track. The music covers close to fifty years of Masekela's career and as always he sings and plays about his life and the people of South Africa. It is a joyous affirmation of his homeland, its people, and his talent. It is without question one of the best recorded live albums I have ever heard in all my years of listening to music. I was thoroughly impressed and you will be too."

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94733/Hugh_Masekela-Hope-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

Back