Ayreon - Universe Live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mam

This is a really good set, The 5.1 mix on the Blu-ray is discrete with the band across the front speakers and the surrounds used for effects and immersion in the music (plus a bit of audience noise). Fine performances, great video and restrained editing plus some very good extras make this a very worthwhile package. Highly recommended if you like prog rock.

Do you guys think that this title should qualify for the release list? Mix-wise, is it on par with recent live releases from Porcupine Tree, Led Zep, Sanctuary or Djabe?

Last edited:
Not sure Haikubass, it is front heavy with discrete elements - it is far from a mix like a Porcupine Tree release.

I recommend raising the rears with 3 dB - it will put you more in the middle of the music, with the vocals still in front.

12.99 blu ray on Amazon, going to order tonight.

I got this yesterday and listened to the whole concert, almost 2 and a half hours. I really liked it. The music was great and live recording was very good also. The surround parts were a little far between, not real far though, and when they used the rear speakers it was definitely very nice. The surround mix still has a lot more going on than over 95 percent of live concerts, and i am pleased with it, but of course i would have been more happy with more from the rears. Overall I like it.

Back