Elton is done touring

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elton was the first concert I ever saw; October 1, 1975 in Tucson. After, I immediately asked my parents for piano lessons and am still playing today. I've seen him many more times over the years and he's always a treat to see live. A performance at Madison Square Garden where he played 80% of the Captain Fantastic album was a major highlight. Another show at Radio City Music Hall with full choir and orchestra was amazing. His solo piano concerts were always excellent, he would usually pull out a lot of deep tracks at those shows. I'll be seeing the Grammy tribute to him on Tuesday in NYC. Will certainly catch him on this final go around.

At a press conference today, Elton insisted that this really is a farewell tour.

“I’m not Cher, even though I like wearing her clothes — this is the end."

:yikes:mad:@::):music:banana::brew

I call BS on this announcement. In a few years when some promoter offers him a billion dollars for the next last tour he will jump on it. The prices in Orlando are $169 for nose bleed seats and over $5,000 for the better seats. Stuff it Elton, I ain't that dumb.

Elton was the first concert I ever saw; October 1, 1975 in Tucson. After, I immediately asked my parents for piano lessons and am still playing today. I've seen him many more times over the years and he's always a treat to see live. A performance at Madison Square Garden where he played 80% of the Captain Fantastic album was a major highlight. Another show at Radio City Music Hall with full choir and orchestra was amazing. His solo piano concerts were always excellent, he would usually pull out a lot of deep tracks at those shows. I'll be seeing the Grammy tribute to him on Tuesday in NYC. Will certainly catch him on this final go around.

I remember seeing him in Pittsburgh at the Civic Arena...it was days before the release of Yellow Brick Road...the concert was great until he made this announcement that he was playing some brand new material...you could tell he wasn't sure how the crowd would react...he starting playing funeral for a friend and I looked at my date and then my buddy and his girlfriend and we all hated it...and we left:(...and the concert wasn't over...then a few days later it was released on vinyl... I bought it and started to play it...and I LOVED it...geeze...I couldn't believe it...my friend and I still joke about that...one of the worst concert decisions I have ever made...and I wasn't even stoned!

I remember seeing him in Pittsburgh at the Civic Arena...it was days before the release of Yellow Brick Road...the concert was great until he made this announcement that he was playing some brand new material...you could tell he wasn't sure how the crowd would react...he starting playing funeral for a friend and I looked at my date and then my buddy and his girlfriend and we all hated it...and we left:(...and the concert wasn't over...then a few days later it was released on vinyl... I bought it and started to play it...and I LOVED it...geeze...I couldn't believe it...my friend and I still joke about that...one of the worst concert decisions I have ever made...and I wasn't even stoned!

Well that was the problem. Sober people rarely make good decisions.:yikes

I’ve seen him 5 times, 1980 in Seattle (21 At 33 Tour), and Vancouver in 1984 (Breaking Hearts Tour), 1995 (Made in England Tour), 1999 Solo Tour (just him and his piano), 2014 (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road 40th Anniversary Tour).
All shows were great but 5 is enough.

or...he won't finish all those 300 shows...he will be 71 in March...just saying....touring takes a lot out of you...especially that many shows...

Remember Michael Jackson's impending tour before he suddenly passed on. In my mind with the condition Michael was in I said to myself NO way is he going to honor that obligation. He was so frail .......... Fortunately, Elton still has a lot of life left in him.

I saw Elton twice in Concert and the second time he was on a double bill with Eric Clapton. Clapton came out in his tailored Armani suit and NAILED it. Elton naturally had the exotic light show and outrageous costume changes and I thought the glitz somewhat diminished the music. And there was Liz Taylor and her SEVENTH hubby at the time [Larry Fortensky] in the wings.......MORE GLITZ????:mad:@:

He may be done with the extensive tours but I think there is no doubt that he will do a few three week residencies per year in Vegas for the rest of time. Let the fans do the traveling... it’s a good gig if you can get it.

He may be done with the extensive tours but I think there is no doubt that he will do a few three week residencies per year in Vegas for the rest of time. Let the fans do the traveling... it’s a good gig if you can get it.

Those Vegas deals have certainly extended the careers of quite a few artists...some even raised their profile in their "golden years" in Vegas

Those Vegas deals have certainly extended the careers of quite a few artists...some even raised their profile in their "golden years" in Vegas

Yes, limiting his performance to Vegas gigs can surely reduce the wear and tear of traveling all over God's creation. I imagine it would be much easier for Elton to extend his career since he loves what he does and has the physical capacity to do so. As for it being a farewell tour? Perhaps it will indeed turn out to be just a hiatus until he gets restless. Remember The Who's farewell tour back in the early 1980's? And dare I mention Bret Favre?

Back