Eddie Jobson stops playing live...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well, it's not like he' played a LOT during these last few years, but I wasn't aware of his problems..
After seeing him in 2015 (and my first concert ever in 1979!!!) with U.K., I thought that would have sparked a new interest in playing again..
Well, it was great while it lasted..

http://www.zealotslounge.com/ejs-notes

Also, some interesting notes regarding the U.K. box set...

My room mate at Berklee put me on to Zinc - The Green Album. I would think that anyone who likes Yes would like him.

woo hoo! I don't even know who he is.... :confused:
He must be one of those Centigrade artists.... :smokin

Listen to these tracks, and report back to me after you finish your homework ;)

First:
[video=youtube;QpvfQZQi71I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpvfQZQi71I[/video]

Yikes....I Like that one. I swear I hear some King Crimson influence in there...

Well, you should!
That's King Crimson's 1970s rhythm section on that album (John Wetton on bass/vocals and Bill Bruford on drums)
They are the same guys who collaborated with Robert Fripp on "Larks' Tongues in Aspic", "Starless & Bible Black", and "Red"

:)

Well, you should!
That's King Crimson's 1970s rhythm section on that album (John Wetton on bass/vocals and Bill Bruford on drums)
They are the same guys who collaborated with Robert Fripp on "Larks' Tongues in Aspic", "Starless & Bible Black", and "Red"

:)

LOL! Ok then - I certainly didn't know that. Never heard of UK either. :mad:@:

I don't know if there's any interest but I just pre~ordered this 2 RBCD/BD~A 96/24 Stereo set from Deep Discount. IMO, the BD~A should've been remixed for SURROUND as IMO, they're two of Eddie's finest creations but I'm sure they would decode well for those owning a Surround Master ... or equivalent.

41wFThDk0SL.jpg

EDDIE JOBSON: Theme of Secrets [Private Music Label] Transporter/Zinc/The Green Album [Capitol Records]https://www.deepdiscount.com/green-album-theme-of-secrets-2cd-blu-ray-audio-7pg-booklet/807070919023 [BTW, 15% off until July 1st with code OCEAN]

Last edited:
I don't know if there's any interest but I just pre~ordered this 2 RBCD/BD~A Stereo set from Deep Discount. IMO, the BD~A should've been remixed for SURROUND as IMO, they're two of Eddie's finest creations but I'm sure they would decode well for those owning a Surround Master ... or equivalent.

41wFThDk0SL.jpg

EDDIE JOBSON: Theme of Secrets [Private Music Label]; Green Room [Capitol Records]
dang! THANKS for the reminder!!! Have Zinc on LP, 1sr US pressing...and TOS on CD.. classics indeed...

Kap, I added the link to Deep Discount after you posted and DD is offering a 15% discount if you order and apply discount code OCEAN to your order by July 1. [$18.22 + tax and free shipping over $25]
SWEET!!!! Thanks again!!! Added Tomita's PAAE SACD which somehow had always eluded me!!!
Well, if they were not mixed in Surround we always have "Faux Surround"!!!

and now that I think about it, TOS was composed exclusively on a Synclavier.. and although they were built like tanks and many are still around , perhaps the floppy discs used are not "alive" today...

Back