"Lord of the Rings" soundtrack reissues on Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I wish this was available as a "Super Deluxe Set" with the vinyl AND the surround blu-ray... because the red vinyl set is gorgeous (and I imagine "The Two Towers" will be green vinyl and "The Return of the King" blue vinyl. I want them, and I don't even have a record player!:mad:@:

View attachment 32195

Very impressive but I'm sure ALL of these movies will be released quite soon in UHD 4K with Dolby Atmos or DTS~X soundtracks and will be the 'definitive' versions.:banana:

I just wish they would release all 3 sets at once. Nerve-wracking to wait / hope for the next installment. Yea, you'd need a second mortgage to do it, but at least you'd score it all at once.

(yes, that was a pun ;))

Here's what the 3CD/Blu-Ray set looks like:
81kOsalehAL._SL1500_.jpg

:)

The box you pictured looks identical to the original DVD version (red for Fellowship).

Sigh. I hope it is more sturdy than the rather flimsy cases the DVDs had. I do like that it resembles an old book, but I don't want it falling apart like one :(

According to the US Amazon, delayed until April 6.

Great, I can save up, haha.

Some forums think that a subtle wording implies more hi-rez than the DVD version. We'll see.

Paul Sinclair thinks the blu ray will be the same as the DVD..which means the Dolby Digital haters will be left out..or at least their feathers will be ruffled a bit:ugham:

Here is a little flashback from the polls HERE

Paul Sinclair thinks the blu ray will be the same as the DVD..which means the Dolby Digital haters will be left out..or at least their feathers will be ruffled a bit:ugham:

Here is a little flashback from the polls HERE
So, every topic will now turn into a DD debat? When you would read the topic of Paul carefully you see he is referring to dvd-a. http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...he-rings-the-complete-recordings/#more-138160 You can keep your topic derailing comments to your self.

So, every topic will now turn into a DD debat? When you would read the topic of Paul carefully you see he is referring to dvd-a. http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...he-rings-the-complete-recordings/#more-138160 You can keep your topic derailing comments to your self.

Well if you are going to "lecture" me...why not go to the source of my frustration....the guy that bashes DD every chance he gets...he probably influenced some people not to buy the Fleetwood Mac release...and after proclaiming he wasn't going to buy it to all of us...he mysteriously votes on the poll voting thread...which is only for people that purchased the title..and then mysteriously he offered no comments for his vote...which is uncharacteristic for him..and let me be clear...I have no problem with you and the person I'm talking about...I did put a smiley after my jab..as it was good natured...and most of us have grown accustomed to your thread policing..again..that is no problem either...we all have our quirks..but if you are going to mention my action...it's time for you to take that same enthusiasm to him...equal treatment:)...you can start right on this thread HERE...these little digs are found in many places on here..."it's only DD"..etc...but know this Robert...neither of us is angry about it..it's just strong opinions...nothing more...I like him...he contributes so much to the forum..we just differ on some things...so don't make it more than it is..and it certainly isn't a thread derail issue...not any more..

Well if you are going to "lecture" me...why not go to the source of my frustration....the guy that bashes DD every chance he gets...he probably influenced some people not to buy the Fleetwood Mac release...and after proclaiming he wasn't going to buy it to all of us...he mysteriously votes on the poll voting thread...which is only for people that purchased the title..and then mysteriously he offered no comments for his vote...which is uncharacteristic for him..and let me be clear...I have no problem with you and the person I'm talking about...I did put a smiley after my jab..as it was good natured...and most of us have grown accustomed to your thread policing..again..that is no problem either...we all have our quirks..but if you are going to mention my action...it's time for you to take that same enthusiasm to him...equal treatment:)...you can start right on this thread HERE...these little digs are found in many places on here..."it's only DD"..etc...but know this Robert...neither of us is angry about it..it's just strong opinions...nothing more...I like him...he contributes so much to the forum..we just differ on some things...so don't make it more than it is..and it certainly isn't a thread derail issue...not any more..
Most of us have grown accustomed to my thread policing? You are the first one saying anything about my "policing". Whatever that means. For the rest, not interested.

In reading that article, it seems to imply the content of the CDs was also on the blu ray, as it was on the DVD, but this time would be 24-bit. Haven't analyzed the stereo stream on the DVD to know if it was 16-bit.

Why print this in a more expensive format? So that the original buyers would buy it again for more money? The increased space on blu ray must allow for some sound improvement, you would think. . . .

The Craigman Digital blog has a post about this release:
http://blog.craigmandigital.com/2018/03/the-fellowship-of-ring-complete-score.html

Tomorrow, March 30, Rhino is releasing The Fellowship Of The Ring - The Complete Score on Blu-ray and 3-CD set. This is the first time the complete score will be available on either format. The Blu-ray features DTS-HD Master 5.1 Surround and DTS-HD Master Stereo as well, offering over two hours of Howard Shore's original score.

The enhanced audio experience does not require a monitor for listening, resulting in very CD-like playback. The disc auto-plays upon insertion, and the user simply selects the remote's red button for Surround and the yellow button for Stereo. Numeric keys on the remote correspond to track numbers, so playback navigation is clear.

This is an incredible score, and it never gets old to my ears. I hope you have the chance to experience this lossless and flawless reproduction.

NOTE: The release date is actually not until April 6 :)

This is just a re-release of the DVD-A surround mixes, right? I absolutely love everything Lord of the Rings. Been re-reading all of Tolkien's stuff for about 36 years now, but from what I've read, the surround mixes are mostly front-heavy with slight ambience/reverb in the rears, correct?

I'd really love an engulfing surround mix of Howard Shore's amazing LotR score, but if it's just front-heavy stuff, I'll just enjoy the extended versions of the movies in pretty amazing surround sound. :)

This is just a re-release of the DVD-A surround mixes, right? I absolutely love everything Lord of the Rings. Been re-reading all of Tolkien's stuff for about 36 years now, but from what I've read, the surround mixes are mostly front-heavy with slight ambience/reverb in the rears, correct?

I'd really love an engulfing surround mix of Howard Shore's amazing LotR score, but if it's just front-heavy stuff, I'll just enjoy the extended versions of the movies in pretty amazing surround sound. :)

Fellow QQer ji eff/cristale would be an excellent candidate to do a discrete mix of the LotR score or any orchestral music. The Celeste and In to Unknown albums are great examples of how it's done.

Just as I predicted, all "Lord of the Rings" soundtracks are being reissued on CD/Blu-Ray sets, and the second installment ("The Two Towers") is now available to pre-order for a July 27th release: https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Complete-Recordings-1BluRay/dp/B07D515631/

:)

Kudos for the advance warning! <wallet set for future emptying 8'/>

Love ya guys for this 8').

So, do you now predict the Hobbit soundtracks will receive the same treatment? <wallet ripped and torn 8'(>

Back