Quad 8 Track Player Bliss

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xdevo1973

I finally fixed my Lafayette RK84 quadraphonic 8 track player. For a stand alone player separate from a receiver, one would be surprised. 32 capacitors and 2 ICs later, it sounds fantastic. I've had this for a number of years but I never had the patience to deal with it, which is surprising as I like the look of Lafayette gear. Well, I played th e Carole King "Music" Q8 which sounded really good and also a Ford Quadrasonic sampler with some really "groovy" tunes such as Two Lane Highway by The Pure Prairie Leauge, Rockin Soul by The Hues Corporation and Love or Let me be Lonely by The Friends of Distintction. I also have a Q8 od of Carole King's Tapestry. I think it sounds good but the rear channels are just the front channels with reverb. It is nice to know that a quadraphonic 8 track player can elevate one into the clouds! I'll have to get myself some more Q8 tapes.

I finally fixed my Lafayette RK84 quadraphonic 8 track player. For a stand alone player separate from a receiver, one would be surprised. 32 capacitors and 2 ICs later, it sounds fantastic. I've had this for a number of years but I never had the patience to deal with it, which is surprising as I like the look of Lafayette gear. Well, I played th e Carole King "Music" Q8 which sounded really good and also a Ford Quadrasonic sampler with some really "groovy" tunes such as Two Lane Highway by The Pure Prairie Leauge, Rockin Soul by The Hues Corporation and Love or Let me be Lonely by The Friends of Distintction. I also have a Q8 od of Carole King's Tapestry. I think it sounds good but the rear channels are just the front channels with reverb. It is nice to know that a quadraphonic 8 track player can elevate one into the clouds! I'll have to get myself some more Q8 tapes.

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeesomenesss :banana:

Back