10CC - Deceptive Bends in DPLII...amazing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I popped this disc in after not listening to it for a while. I have been going through some of my faves in DPLII just to see what happens. This 10CC disc is made for DPLII. It was a much more pleasurable and discrete listening experience than some actual 5.1 discs I have. The vocals just jump out at you. They may be in the rears left and right then the bridge of the song will have vocals out of the center only. Guitars seem to pan from front to rear. "Feel The Benefit" has string swells that seem to come from all directions. If you have this disc pop it in and check it out.

On my Sony receiver I have 2 DPLII modes - movies & music. I listened to the movie setting and got the best separation.

I just tried my old CD of this (Mercury 836 948-2) and you're bang on! Wow! :yikes

It sounds fantastic thru PLII, just as you say!! Thank you for the heads up Bob (y)

glad I found this thread (10 years later!) after I went looking for "10CC Quadraphonic" on google and surprise surprise came right back to QQ!

Thanks for the heads up...Since I got my Surround receiver I haven't looked back, I NEVER listen to Stereo anymore, and the DPLII Movie setting is the one that gives the best separation....

Yeah, "The things you do for love" is really awesome...takes me back to when it came out...

Gracias Bob!

:smokin

Back