Can't Buy A Thrill Surround SACD - Announced in 2004, Not Released

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't Buy a Thrill...Can't Buy a SACD Either!!! So not even a straight stereo SACD out there.?

I take it you're not thrilled (no pun intended) with the quad mix. Personally I like it, but can see how some longtime fans aren't happy with the differences vs. the stereo and crappy fidelity.

Oh man... Here I am, a 2017 person looking back at a bunch of 2013 people talking about Music Valet while looking back at a bunch of 2004 people talking about the CBAT SACD... ;-)

Not sure I like this pattern! What will the 2022 people say about us when they look back?

Oh man... Here I am, a 2017 person looking back at a bunch of 2013 people talking about Music Valet while looking back at a bunch of 2004 people talking about the CBAT SACD... ;-)

Not sure I like this pattern! What will the 2022 people say about us when they look back?

Unless the trend holds strong, I think right now will be seen as a golden years, thanks to Steven Wilson, Bruce Soord and others!
Lots of awesome surround right now, IMO!

I take it you're not thrilled (no pun intended) with the quad mix. Personally I like it, but can see how some longtime fans aren't happy with the differences vs. the stereo and crappy fidelity.

I love the LP played back in stereo - it's unique mix and a great album. A kind member loaned me a stack of minty SQ and CD-4 LPs just to needle drop to 24/96kHs stereo. And I got some real gems, love having them just for their different mixes.

I love the LP played back in stereo - it's unique mix and a great album. A kind member loaned me a stack of minty SQ and CD-4 LPs just to needle drop to 24/96kHs stereo. And I got some real gems, love having them just for their different mixes.

PM if you want to hear the Q8 drop that's been passed around

It's not a rumor.
It was announced by Universal Music, the group's record label.

Like a few other Surround SACDs announced by Universal Music Group, this one was not released after the announcement.

Yes it was indeed announced as Brian states.

And so were ALL of the "Dan's" studio discs that Universal had in their stable. AND JUST TO RUB IT IN , UMG had all six of those discs on their SACD release page as upcoming releases !

All illustrated on that 5.1 SACD page : Can't Buy A Thrill , Countdown To Ecstasy , Pretzel Logic , Katie Lied , The Royal Scam, and Aja !

Really sad to know none , not a one, got issued .

Back