Still UNKNOWN USA release QUAD Lp 1975 !!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
:xp: :wave

So here is an still unknow USA quad Lp discovered by a poor guy :

****Gong "Shamal" 1975 Virgin Usa PZ 34156

Has the quad SQ logo and writing ONLY on the labels !!!

Quad thrills still live !!!!

Attachments

• wizard01.gif
    wizard01.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
kvadro said:

This is the first time time I heard of this. Are you saying that you own one? I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

:alienrob: :steering: :xp: :wave

Do find a scan of the label side 2, both sides do have the same logo... Please let me know if you come across copies Virgin Usa PZ 34156 without the SQ logo... and also do let me know too if you come across of any other quad different virgin labels of this item !!!! As far as I know only the USA release has the SQ logo... Can you also check the virgin USA 45s, EPs that have tracks from this Lp if they too have the SQ logo..., do specially check the ultra rare promo EP !!!
I hope you understand that this 'was still unknow item' is an eye opener !

Attachments

• gong_courtesy JHS Gabriel.GIF
    gong_courtesy JHS Gabriel.GIF
    90.1 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Wow! That's the exact same label as the Ommadawn SQ album! (You can see it on the WB page - it's a comparison shot to the Virgin CD-4 label)

Very interesting! I would think that it truely IS SQ, as in the 34xxx series, Columbia was releasing a lot on "quad only" and "secret quad" titles, and it does have the SQ trademark line at the bottom. Is there anything to indiacte quad in the run off area of the vinyl?

Have you tried decoding it? I am not familiar with this aritst or title.

PS - I moved this to the NEWS area!! :banana:

JonUrban said:
Wow! That's the exact same label as the Heratige Ridge SQ album! (You can see it on the WB page - it's a comparison shot to the Virgin CD-4 label)

Very interesting! I would think that it truely IS SQ, as in the 34xxx series, Columbia was releasing a lot on "quad only" and "secret quad" titles, and it does have the SQ trademark line at the bottom. Is there anything to indiacte quad in the run off area of the vinyl?

Jon how come there is no access to the images somehow i get refusal to open them

kvadro said:

Gabrial finally showed up. I wondered when that would happen. Ok Gabrial time for you to put up or go away. For years you have been talking about all these titles you find that are quad, that others have never seen. Why not let some of us who are doing conversions have a crack at doing a couple! Prove it!!

JonUrban said:
Wow! That's the exact same label as the Heratige Ridge SQ album! (You can see it on the WB page - it's a comparison shot to the Virgin CD-4 label)

:howl :steering: :xp: :wave

No nothing to indicate quad in the run off area of the vinyl,
side one AL 34156, side two BL 34156. Even on the bottom side it's only written 'virgin stereo'. Well it's quad allright, nothing special like much left front-left back, right front-right back speakers effects, just gentle quad wich with this group I was especting crazy quad effects. This group was first founded by David Allen from the Soft Machine so the music on this lp is much alike Soft Machine even without David Allen been on it. Well soft jazz-rock-progressive-synthesizer like music to listen best at night or so. Not as good as the "You" or the "Flying Teapot" albums for my taste but not that bad at all, enjoyable and relaxing but luckily the guitar give a louder sound sometimes with in all give nice depth quad effects. Maybe I have to listen to this lp louder ????
"Normally" the CD and any releases should be still encoded as I think it was originally mixed in quad !!!!????

Last edited:
quadtrade said:
Jon how come there is no access to the images somehow i get refusal to open them
Hmm, is any one else not able to see the label scan?? I am not sure what the problem might be, Tad. I need more information.

JonUrban said:
Hmm, is any one else not able to see the label scan?? I am not sure what the problem might be, Tad. I need more information.

Yesterday I could see the scan and the gif just by viewing the page, today the pictures are not there, only the links. I can see the pictures by clicking the links, I suppose others can't even see by clicking the link. In hoping that might help you !
To QUADTRADE, give me time !!!!
I still need help for scans of OBIs from Japanese records and scans of stickers from quad worldwide releases when they do have them, if you all help me on this I will do my best to help you too ! It's hard for me to tell you all I know as I spend lots of time and money to know what I know, even when I was in the street I manage to get money for a stamp to know something about a quad item...

Last edited:
JonUrban said:
Jon
a page comes up that says i have no access to this page??

kvadro said:
Yesterday I could see the scan and the gif just by viewing the page, today the pictures are not there, only the links. I can see the pictures by clicking the links, I suppose others can't even see by clicking the link. In hoping that might help you !
To QUADTRADE, give me time !!!!
I still need help for scans of OBIs from Japanese records and scans of stickers from quad worldwide releases when they do have them, if you all help me on this I will do my best to help you too ! It's hard for me to tell you all I know as I spend lots of time and money to know what I know, even when I was in the street I manage to get money for a stamp to know something about a quad item...
How can it be hard to tell what you know? What are the obstacles? We all spend a lot of money on this hobby and we share the information we gather without reservation. France is a rather advanced nation and I bet you can easily find places like a Kinko's to scan your images, and writing what you learned is only fair in this exchange. I remember you from the earlier quad websites and you often allege to know of rare things but fail to present the evidence. Here we go again...

OK guys, I see the problem as "oblio". I will fix it now.

:-jon

oblio98 said:

OK, this forum should be all set! :banana:

oblio98 said:

Wow, I can finally see it for the first time myself. Cool. :woopie:
Nice find kvadro

Jon, I think you meant Ommadawn?

zabble said:
Wow, I can finally see it for the first time myself. Cool. :woopie:
Nice find kvadro

Jon, I think you meant Ommadawn?
Oops! You are correct, I changed it. THANKS :smokin

So, do we have a legit one here, gang? I'd like to think so, because it means we haven't found everything yet, and that's a joy of any type of collecting....to have a complete collection means there's nothing left, and I'd be bereft....:D

ED

quadwreck said:
How can it be hard to tell what you know? What are the obstacles? We all spend a lot of money on this hobby and we share the information we gather without reservation. France is a rather advanced nation and I bet you can easily find places like a Kinko's to scan your images, and writing what you learned is only fair in this exchange. I remember you from the earlier quad websites and you often allege to know of rare things but fail to present the evidence. Here we go again...

:steering: :steering: :steering: :steering:
No you didn't spend as much time and money as me looking for quad and stereo items, I spent 20 years travelling nearly everyday from country to country/town to town, 4 to 6 hours a day hunting for records... , I have been 25 years in the street and even then I kept looking for records... , I bought items from all over the world just to know the catalog numbers... , I spend 30 years taking notes from records that I didn't know wherever I went, I have 250 books mostly catalogs, prices guides... I did advertised for 10 years or more in magazines like Record Collectors, Oldie Markt, sometimes Goldmines... and really this did cost a very lot, and for the last I had a SMALL shop in UK 1971-1974 selling some records, posters... (I was the first to sell bootlegs in a shop in Europe). I know what I am talking about !!! Another thing : things come to me like magic, my destiny. Even today I find an incredible thing on a quad record !!!! Magic, can you understand that ???? Remember also that when I did ask for help about scans of obis you didn't help me. Also on one of my sites (the quadraphonic one) there was enough already unknow items at that time to help you !!!! And to finish for today : why no one didn't saw you the Japan list, 25 pages or so !!!! Larry Clifton know about this list, and there must be others, SO ????? another thing, why no more entries when JonUrban ask for your helps for doing a database on 45s and EPS. So when I will see EVERYONE of you helping then I will do so ! (and I mean EVERYONE !!!, it's easy just lets look GOOD in our quad collection !!!!, check the countries of releases, catalog numbers, DIFFERENT covers, labels on an item,... I like too the misprint items,... if you think you are into quad, your all boby and mind are quad too)
I made a web page today where you can see the 2 label sides and record cover. Better pictures too !!!
Here's the link : (should be working tomorrow. Just after I made the page online the page couldn't be saw because of provider's site maintenance, of course it didn't happened for over a year and just the hour I made that page it happened !!!! Magic is magic, no joke !!!!
I don't forget too, big quad collectors like Roland Schubert, Michael Robin and Larry Clifton who told/saw me some items that I didn't know !!!. Roland made me speeding up looking for quads as at that time I was most into searching spychedelic acid like rare items.
http://membres.lycos.fr/realtruthisnow/quad.htm

Attachments

• heart08.gif
    heart08.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
There may still be a chance that it is a case where they used up old quad lables on a stereo LP. Remember the case where they did that on the famous Kansas LP from eBay a few years ago? Strange thing with this one is/was that as far as I know, there never WAS a quad LP released on this label!

Attachments

• Kansas_Quad_LP_label.jpg
    Kansas_Quad_LP_label.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 359
JonUrban said:
There may still be a chance that it is a case where they used up old quad lables on a stereo LP. Remember the case where they did that on the famous Kansas LP from eBay a few years ago? Strange thing with this one is/was that as far as I know, there never WAS a quad LP released on this label!

Hi Jon, I did wrote to this guy at that time, I told him I wanted to buy it but he gave me a weird excuse for not selling it, remember he withdraw it very quickly. Of course I have been hunting for this item but it will be better if the lot of us do the same, specially if you live in the States !!! I am a little bit sceptic about this item, look good at the edge bottom right !!

Last edited:
Back