JSP Blues Albums in SACD Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are so many releases available in the secondary market I can live without one with questionable lyrics...hope it's not bad for you..to be candid I need to spend more time listening to all these...I spend all my time hunting and buying them:(

Clint, that's why they call it "the Blues." It ain't all sunshine and superman! They gotta bitch about somethin'......as in Nobody Knows the Trouble I've seen!:yikes

Clint, that's why they call it "the Blues." It ain't all sunshine and superman! They gotta bitch about somethin'......as in Nobody Knows the Trouble I've seen!:yikes

The other reason to buy these, for me, is that outside of the JSP releases there aren't many surround blues discs by black musicians. There's Riding with the King and that's about it, I think. I wouldn't mind being wrong about that.

Those JSP Blues SACDs are good, and you're probably right about new music surround releases. There was the earlier Living Color "Collidescope" DVD-A , Robert Cray's "Time Will Tell" DVD-A.

I can think of old recordings re-released, 5.1 mixes of the brilliant Bob Marley Blu-ray, and Isley Bros "3+3" SACD, and the Audio Fidelity re-released Quads of Earth Wind & Fire, Sly & The Family Stone, Grover Washington, and Labelle, and a few more coming soon.

The other reason to buy these, for me, is that outside of the JSP releases there aren't many surround blues discs by black musicians. There's Riding with the King and that's about it, I think. I wouldn't mind being wrong about that.

I've been listening to Michael Hill 5.1 SACD album "Black Gold and Goddesses Bold". The lyrics are not the greatest and the melodies are a bit choppy but the fidelity on this one is outstanding. The band is playing right in my room! It's not blues... more like rock. The guitars are the main reason to own this one. Hill uses lots of distortion and it sounds great. It's not going to be a favourite but sometimes I'm just going to want to hear some life-like rock guitar sound.

Back