HiRez Poll Queen - NIGHT AT THE OPERA [DVD-A/BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of Queen - A NIGHT AT THE OPERA

• Total voters
Hello there,
I got the DVD-A version. Yesterday I played the disc with the 5.1 MLP lossless audio. Playing stopped after Bohemian Rhapsody, the last track 'God save the Queen' did not start automatically. Selecting the song via the track selection works fine. Disc surface looks flawless. Is it just my copy or you got the same issue?

Thanks!
Andreas

Hello there,
I got the DVD-A version. Yesterday I played the disc with the 5.1 MLP lossless audio. Playing stopped after Bohemian Rhapsody, the last track 'God save the Queen' did not start automatically. Selecting the song via the track selection works fine. Disc surface looks flawless. Is it just my copy or you got the same issue?

Thanks!
Andreas

No issues with my copy. In fact for a while I had 2 of the 3 versions of this dvd-a and never had any issues with either version.

Here are the front and back scans of the 3 versions:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...er-mix-on-eBay&p=242984&viewfull=1#post242984

Piggy backing off of the Pure Audio Blu-Ray FS thread, It's still stunning to me that the Blu-Ray Audio disc of ANATO commands such high prices.
It's the only major HFPA Blu-Ray from Universal not released in a box set that I have not purchased yet (because I have the CD/DVD-V set) but reading back through the comments in this poll thread, I'm reminded (and still surprised) that a lot of people think the Blu-Ray sounds worse than the 2005 DVD-V disc, so once again, I'm not regretting my decision to skip this Blu-Ray that much… ;)

Lets turn it up. going from Queen SHM SACD, to DVD-Audio, 5.1, (MLP DTS), PCM, 96Khz, with A Night At The Opera, still rising. I voted 10 ages ago.

BTW, is the Blu-Ray the Scheiner mix or the May?

I actually liked it even better before I read this thread. Now I'm wondering what the differences are and do I have the "best" copy. Earlier I was just digging the sound.

BTW, is the Blu-Ray the Scheiner mix or the May?

I actually liked it even better before I read this thread. Now I'm wondering what the differences are and do I have the "best" copy. Earlier I was just digging the sound.

It is the May mix unless you have the 2001 version and no writing on the lower portion of the art side of the DVD-A except the DTS logo & Hollywood Records Logo and the words around the circle via this - Bluray is May too

http://en.queenvision.com/index.php?content=dvdanato

hope this helps:banana:

I just noticed something else. There is a difference on screen in the "5.1 credits". On the Scheiner version, it says "5.1 tracks mixed by Elliot Scheiner". On the May version, right above that credit it adds "Co-Produced by Brian May for Queen".

I wish I could go back and change my vote to 10. Stunning.
You can!

So, after reading this thread...
1) I have the 30th Anni DVD-V, which I like quite a lot. My understanding is it was mixed by Brian May. Is there any Elliot Scheiner involvement on it? Is it a different mix than the 2002 DVD-A?
2) Assuming the DVD-A is different enough from the DVD-V to bother with, how different are the 2001 and 2002 versions? Is the 2001 version worth waiting to find?

Back