HiRez Poll 3 Doors Down - AWAY FROM THE SUN [DVD-A/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of 3 Doors Down - AWAY FROM THE SUN

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

I've had trouble getting into the music... it is quite good but just hasn't captured my imagination. I haven't given up on it, though! The surround mix hasn't helped much. Yeah, its adequate, but... A strong 7 overall.

The SACD is a cracker as it was released at the same time from the same plant as the Pink Floyd SACD; get the DVD-A instead. (Thankfully those cracking issues seem to be behind us!!!)

The songs on "Away From The Sun" are OK. The mix is OK, though, I think it may be a little heavy with percussion in the surrounds.

I don't listen to this one too often, so i dug it out and gave it a listen. Now i remember why i don't listen to it too often. It's kinda average all around, nothing real bad, just nothing real good. Average music and average surround mix, a 7.

A few great songs and a lot of average songs.. not a real bad one in the lot though. Nicely "listenable". The Surround mix is good but not great and the sound quality is alright as well. A solid 7.

I've always liked these guys. Just good honest down-home rock and roll. The surround mix is alright, but it's nothing that'll make you have to change your shorts. I give it a 7.

I had never heard anything by this group before, but in my quest to get some current rock music, I bought this Hybrid SACD Multi-ch disc. It is certainly better than I guessed it would be and a worthwhile purchase at the budget price. A solid 7, and these guys might get better. My few recent rock music purchases in surround are mostly very listenable. I haven't heard any cracking, I wonder if there was a repressing.

Chris

Got the Dualdisc/DVD-A version. Not knowing much about this band, I really liked the music - catchy pop tunes. I realized I had heard a bunch of these songs from somewhere.

Guitars sound much better in MLP and this recording sounds pretty clean.

Good lyrics for a rock album for a change . Got one of those Monster Dvd-Vs of these guys live but this sounds much better .

~M~

I just acquired the SACD and I totally forgot about several of these hit songs. I think it sounds fine for the genre. Sort of loud....but I can forgive that. I vote a 7. Probably a 7.5 actually.....

an ok album by an ok band with a decent mix nothing outstanding and not totally forgettable

Back