New RCA Reel to Reel Media Center- Odd

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this is a magazine. It is also availale at SEARS. It sells for about $290. However, the literature I saw claims that it uses reels specifically designed for this deck! These sell for $10 each, and last 6 hours.

I would guess that this is NOT an "audiophile" class machine!

JonUrban said:
I saw this is a magazine. It is also availale at SEARS. It sells for about $290. However, the literature I saw claims that it uses reels specifically designed for this deck! These sell for $10 each, and last 6 hours.

I would guess that this is NOT an "audiophile" class machine!

WHY? WHY? WHY? ... WHY for the love of god did they not make it an Elcasette? Now that would sell! Mike.

Quadzilla said:
WHY? WHY? WHY? ... WHY for the love of god did they not make it an Elcasette? Now that would sell! Mike.
I saw that item on themusicmotel.com for $209.95. RCA does make some decent consumer audio/video pieces, this piece might be useful for those who have old reel to reel tapes and wish to hear them again. I doubt it would be audiophile by any means. the site gives general specs which includes a microphone input only mono 1/8", which helps confirm our suspicion's about quality. I would like to see this machine in a brick and mortar store.

fdrennen said:
I saw that item on themusicmotel.com for $209.95. RCA does make some decent consumer audio/video pieces, this piece might be useful for those who have old reel to reel tapes and wish to hear them again. I doubt it would be audiophile by any means. the site gives general specs which includes a microphone input only mono 1/8", which helps confirm our suspicion's about quality. I would like to see this machine in a brick and mortar store.

Just in case anyone is interested, the user manual is here

http://www.avs.ca/detail.php?b=17&c=333&p=1068&o=o

for download

Malcolm

Back