Elton John SACD Surround Sound Sampler & Marketing Campaign

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not on Twitter, but would love to do something to get this one out. I would love to hear this. Penny's mixes are outstanding on all the released stuff. (Mr. Penny, if you read this, I live in Carpinteria....).

I am not on Twitter, but would love to do something to get this one out. I would love to hear this. Penny's mixes are outstanding on all the released stuff. (Mr. Penny, if you read this, I live in Carpinteria....).

I'm gonna look for other ways to get the message to Elton and his team.

But I posted a message on UMe's Facebook page so go here and like this post if you have a Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/umemusicteam/posts/543066565720964

I also posted the same message on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rftmtsu/status/262642895016849408 :)

I'm gonna look for other ways to get the message to Elton and his team.

But I posted a message on UMe's Facebook page so go here and like this post if you have a Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/umemusicteam/posts/543066565720964

I also posted the same message on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rftmtsu/status/262642895016849408 :)

All great idea's. But in addition, we should - Because WE CAN - start specific Facebook pages about this and have everyone here "Like" it. Also, have friends and family "Like" it even if they don't have a surround system. They can still play the CD parts. Then, link back here and to other surround/music sites. This could work for any other of the things we want as well, like promoting CD/DVD-A packages etc..

We have Much power with using social media in our own control to effect change, if we use it intelligently and folks participate. It takes nothing to sign up for Twitter or Facebook.

All great idea's. But in addition, we should - Because WE CAN - start specific Facebook pages about this and have everyone here "Like" it. Also, have friends and family "Like" it even if they don't have a surround system. They can still play the CD parts. Then, link back here and to other surround/music sites. This could work for any other of the things we want as well, like promoting CD/DVD-A packages etc..

We have Much power with using social media in our own control to effect change, if we use it intelligently and folks participate. It takes nothing to sign up for Twitter or Facebook.

Yes, we got over 630 likes on the The Wall 5.1 surround petition page a year back, so if one or two other QQ members would like to collaborate with me on a Facebook petition page for "Don't Shoot Me" (and other EJ 5.1 albums), let me know! :)

i'd read somewhere that EJ have some sort of phobia in regards of all those new gadgets and technologies,
do not have even cell phone. thus most likely will never know about any of those petitions.
perhaps Adam, as a big fan, can give more info on this matter.

There is a photo of Elton with his (then) new Quad getup and what appears to be a Pioneer 949 receiver. I'll post it if I can locate it. Perhaps he didn't know how to operate it and it was just taken to make him look hip.

I have learned not to believe everything in print, including photos. I used to work for man whose home was featured as Playboy's Pad of the Month. He WAS a Playboy, but not with women. His boyfriend was listed as the home's owner, since John shunned publicity. He and I used to chuckle about all that. Since I have many LGBT friends and relatives, this anecdote is not intended as disrespect, but simply to illustrate a point. Don't believe anything you read, and only believe half of what you see.

i'd read somewhere that EJ have some sort of phobia in regards of all those new gadgets and technologies,
do not have even cell phone. thus most likely will never know about any of those petitions.

Don't believe anything you read, and only believe half of what you see.

in fact i'm pretty much sceptical about all those celebrities piar. it wasn't exclusively about EJ,
but about music/movie celebs, who's avoiding to use gadgets and internet social networks such
like tweeter, facebook, etc.

As per Old Quad Guy's suggestion, I've created a new Facebook page for our "cause": https://www.facebook.com/SurroundEltonJohn
So if you're on Facebook, go start liking the page, and let me know if you would like to me an admin! :)

no more info especially than you have given Otto, i'm kind of out of the loop at the moment regarding "Planet Elton"..!

that said, afaik, Elton does have an iPad (how much he uses it though, I don't know!?) plus he bought an iPod for his son Zachary at some point..

..but as you say Otto (and I think this is the biggy, as he has talked about it a lot in interviews) he has never owned a cell phone (we Brits call 'em "mobiles", as in mobile phone!) and refuses to have one at all.

What I would say though, is I think that is more a privacy thing him not having a cell phone, as opposed to outright technophobia... but he has said on numerous occasions how much of a "Luddite" he is in regards to technology!

as for Elton himself seeing a Facebook campaign, I doubt it.. it'd be more to raise awareness with the record company etc. and I'm behind it 100%! Anyway we can get those bloody 5.1 Elton mixes out, I'm almost past caring what format they come in..!!

There is a photo of Elton with his (then) new Quad getup and what appears to be a Pioneer 949 receiver. I'll post it if I can locate it. Perhaps he didn't know how to operate it and it was just taken to make him look hip.

I have learned not to believe everything in print, including photos. I used to work for man whose home was featured as Playboy's Pad of the Month. He WAS a Playboy, but not with women. His boyfriend was listed as the home's owner, since John shunned publicity. He and I used to chuckle about all that. Since I have many LGBT friends and relatives, this anecdote is not intended as disrespect, but simply to illustrate a point. Don't believe anything you read, and only believe half of what you see.

+1 (y)

'Liking' has slowed down a bit in the past day, but I've gotten some pretty good feedback from a few Elton fans on the Hercules board.

If anyone knows of any other great Elton boards or forums let me know! :)

https://www.facebook.com/SurroundEltonJohn

I don't know how active it is these days RT, as I'm a bit out of the Elton loop at the min.. but the CWDL (The Crazy Water Discussion List) was always a pretty active Elton site.

We have now gotten 100 likes in a week! Keep it up and spread the word: https://www.facebook.com/SurroundEltonJohn

Facebook question of the day is: "Out of the 4 unreleased EJ 5.1 mixes, which album would you like to hear the most in surround?" Answer here:
https://www.facebook.com/questions/434193246638516/?qa_ref=ssp

:D

I just voted for Don't Shoot Me, which seems to be the runaway leader at the minute, with 13 votes.. still I'd love to have the proverbial "LOT"..!!

Back