HiRez Poll America - HOMECOMING [DVD-A/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of America - HOMECOMING

• Total voters
This is one where every time I dig it out I wonder why I dont listen to it more often !!

Absolutly top notch DVDA

Last edited:
I obtained a mix dvd a with Ventura Highway as the 1st song, and I was really amazed
with the acoustic guitars in back so clear and present,
The rest of it sounds great too i see by posts I'm adding this to my list

easily one of the best sounding and best-mixed discs in my little collection! It sounds wonderful! the music's a bit safe/sappy for me but it just sounds incredible! and like a fair few of the warner dvda's the louder you crank it the better it sounds!

9. I'm with you, Ed. While I might say that there were some stellar moments on subsuquent albums, the first one is THE classic. I Need You and Three Roses are easily as good as Horse, maybe better. I so wish that was mixed for Quad/5.1. Although it would be a more involved project, History, their greatest hits could have been a spectacular surround title. Homecoming is pretty damn good on many levels.

From an artistic standpoint, would have preferred their far superior debut..but very nice, balanced, detailed sound, pleasing selection of songs, and anyway, better in that regard than the less consistent efforts to come. A '9'...

ED

I decided to get this as used (59 USD) and boy am I happy that I did. The fidelity and the mix on this one is just perfect according to my book. And the musical content is growing on me - beautiful songs topped with Ventura Highway (ohh those guitars...) and the John Martyn cover Head and Heart.

Content: 8
Fidelity: 11
Surround mix: 11
Verdict: 10 :)

If Elliot Scheiner could make this early 70's recording sound so extraordinary good, what can we expect from the upcoming Moondance (Van Morrison)...

This is one of my 'go to' discs. Love how Scheiner can take old recordings, mix in surround, and maintain the original feel for the music. My favorite America album and mix!

all has been said already...amazing smooth clean warm spectacular recording and mix. have always loved the content...pressed to pick best tunes..Cornwall Blank and Head and Heart would be the superstars!

oh...a TEN all round

Just got the AF SACD of this today. Never heard the album before. Really enjoy the 5.1 mix. The mix is so clean it sounds like the album was recorded yesterday instead of back in 1972.

I had already listened to the DVD-Audio version of this...but now I have my OWN copy of the 5.1 SACD. I just can't say enough about how excellent the music is...so representative of my young teen years in the good old US. This just makes me feel fine.....

And, oh yeah. The 5.1 mix is outstanding....superior audio qualities, bass is rock solid. Acoustic guitars are just so real. Home run.....

I give it a 9. I'm trying to not give 10's out so much. I mean a 10......should be the absolute very best in every aspect of the disc. OK, if I could break this down further...I'd say I want it to be a 9.4 out of 10. KILLER!!

I had already listened to the DVD-Audio version of this...but now I have my OWN copy of the 5.1 SACD.

My experience is the same... One of the few original Warner DVD-A discs that I really wanted but never got... I've got it now. :smokin

I voted a nine also.... Maybe I should have gone for a 10?

My experience is the same... One of the few original Warner DVD-A discs that I really wanted but never got... I've got it now. :smokin

I voted a nine also.... Maybe I should have gone for a 10?

Ditto! (y) I gave it a "9" a few years ago.. If I could recast today I'd vote a "10".. really outstanding disc, as the music's grown on me, everything else about it has too.

I had already listened to the DVD-Audio version of this...but now I have my OWN copy of the 5.1 SACD. I just can't say enough about how excellent the music is...so representative of my young teen years in the good old US. This just makes me feel fine.....

And, oh yeah. The 5.1 mix is outstanding....superior audio qualities, bass is rock solid. Acoustic guitars are just so real. Home run.....

I give it a 9. I'm trying to not give 10's out so much. I mean a 10......should be the absolute very best in every aspect of the disc. OK, if I could break this down further...I'd say I want it to be a 9.4 out of 10. KILLER!!

In this case you would have been justified to give it a 10...I DID:spot....

Back