Black Jazz catalog finally available on QS-Encoded CD!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Simon

I think I have the full list of these black jazz CD`s and yes these are all the Sansui QS matrix encoded CD`s there really grate Jazz pieces.

Oh, I love the music to bits. Are you saying you have the 2012 releases or previous CD pressings? I'm trying to find out if the 2012 CDs also carry the QS encoding.

How would you describe the Quad on these?

Well Simon
They are quite discrete through the SM and in some of them you feel you are right there in night club they are really great period Jazz pieces.

Excellent!

So when were your discs released? 2005? 2012?

Thanks to the Fizzmeister, I've found the answer to my question. Bill has the 2012 releases, which is fabulous news to know they do contain the QS encoding. :)

Hi. MyCuff
Here is my collection of QS Black Jazz CD`s you can still get from Amazon & Discogs.com I have bought these over a period of year.
Bill....

Bills%20Black%20Jazz%20CDs%201_zpsjd1opyrk.jpg

Bills%20Black%20Jazz%20CDs%202_zpstzuvfmzu.jpg

You're most welcome St. Simon .:D

I for some reason don't know why ?, but seems a lot of people on QQ just miss that thread . I know I have been feeding it when I find some thing in the- cd -of -quad -matrix -type's ! (y)

Excellent info with ample pics and all , btw .:smokin

A few years ago the owner of the Black Jazz master tapes was trying to sell the lot on craigslist (of all places) for $285,000. Anyone know what happened after that?

https://fleamarketfunk.com/2011/07/28/black-jazz-records-master-tapes-for-sale-on-craigslist/

I'd love to see the discrete quad masters reissued on some high res digital format, but at that price I don't think any reissue label would ever be able to make a profit doing so...

The tribute web page I linked a few posts above mention that Japanese label Snow Dog Records is now the owner of the tapes.

Like you I'd love to hear the masters but I am very grateful that many of the CDs were QS encoded. It beats having to buy expensive hard to find records that may not be in great condition.

The tribute web page I linked a few posts above mention that Japanese label Snow Dog Records is now the owner of the tapes.

Like you I'd love to hear the masters but I am very grateful that many of the CDs were QS encoded. It beats having to buy expensive hard to find records that may not be in great condition.

Funny you say that, I just received a shipment of 3 BLACK JAZZ RBCDs today from ImportCD and they were ALL pressed in Japan and came with obi strips. One is DJ Gilles Peterson entitled JAZZ Radio which includes twelve select cuts from the BJ catalog (albeit Stereo only) which I'm spinning now. Superb Sonics and the other two, BOTH QS encoded are Kellee Patterson's Maiden Voyage and Henry Franklin's The Skipper At Home.

Pressed in 2012/2013, all were priced at $11 and change at ImportCD.

Funny you say that, I just received a shipment of 3 BLACK JAZZ RBCDs today from ImportCD and they were ALL pressed in Japan and came with obi strips. One is DJ Gilles Peterson entitled JAZZ Radio which includes twelve select cuts from the BJ catalog (albeit Stereo only) which I'm spinning now. Superb Sonics and the other two, BOTH QS encoded are Kellee Patterson's Maiden Voyage and Henry Franklin's The Skipper At Home.

Pressed in 2012/2013, all were priced at $11 and change at ImportCD.

Excellent deal for this underrated music. :) Enjoy!

Back