HiRez Poll Linkin Park - Reanimation [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Linkin Park - REANIMATION

• Total voters
oh good heavens..

A "5".

2 for it being a DVDA, 2 for the surround mix and 1 for it being cheap.

No points for the "music". Just an awful listening experience for me, bordering on the painful. The first track held promise.. the rest was just not up my street - at all. I'm sure some people love it though.

I really wish we'd stick to the actual mix when reviewing these discs. It tells me nothing about a mix itself when someone's score is based on whether they liked the music, the liner notes, menus, etc. It's the mix that matters.

Not jumping on anyone, but I think we do these scores a disservice when we focus on things besides the actual mix.

I really wish we'd stick to the actual mix when reviewing these discs. It tells me nothing about a mix itself when someone's score is based on whether they liked the music, the liner notes, menus, etc. It's the mix that matters.

Not jumping on anyone, but I think we do these scores a disservice when we focus on things besides the actual mix.

absolutely, fair comment :) i can only speak personally and as you can see I disliked the music here so intensely.

so much so that it totally got in the way of my enjoyment of the package as a whole, to the point where i found it hard to properly evaluate the mix as I had to skip through so much of the material.

I would add that "mix, sonics, content" are the elements we're asked to rate here in these polls and as the content of this album in particular doesn't do anything for me, that's the part of my feedback I chose to focus on, rightly or wrongly. personal reactions to the music itself, I can see on reflection aren't too helpful to others here looking for more on the mix & sound quality.

ultimately, I'm sure I'll give this another listen one day and I'll do my best to expand upon my comments, re:the fidelity, etc.. and as you rightly say, giving my reactions to the multichannel mix offered here, if it's of any consequence, fully accepting we're on a multichannel discussion forum after all.

i know you were not jumping on anyone in particular and i don't feel hard done by but i do feel that i fell short here, so please accept my apologies for the poor appraisal on this disc, DKA.

i know you were not jumping on anyone in particular and i don't feel hard done by but i do feel that i fell short here, so please accept my apologies for the poor appraisal on this disc, DKA.

No need to apologize in the least. Just a general vent on a topic which has been argued before. Just expressing how I would personally get the most out of reading these poll reviews. Obviously, someone else will feel differently......and they'd be WRONG! (just kidding.)

No need to apologize in the least. Just a general vent on a topic which has been argued before. Just expressing how I would personally get the most out of reading these poll reviews. Obviously, someone else will feel differently......and they'd be WRONG! (just kidding.)

haha! you're entitled to your opinion, so long as it's the same as mine! ;)

I'm a lousy reviewer to be honest, as I too easily get sucked into the presentation of an album or a movie at the expense of the content, so its ironic that here i did just the opposite and trashed the album and forgot about the presentation!

my other half in particular gets very P'd off when I can't stick with a film or a piece of music because it looks or sounds like garbage.

I've got to try and temper it really.. so as not to let it get to the point where I can watch a blu ray or play an SACD of something that's complete crap and still enjoy it just on the merits of its excellent picture or sound quality!

I've heard the stories of audiophiles with the most sensational hi-fi systems who can only play about 3 records cos their systems so revealing! Its a rocky road seeking perfection in that way, don't you think? It's probably a lot healthier to relax and just enjoy something for what it is.

Now, back to my advanced resolution, high-definition, all-singing, all-dancing, Beer..! :banana:

From personal experience, the mix may pull you in after a few listens. My teen music years were the 70's; and so it wasn't easy to like this one at first listen either. However, the mix was so interesting that I would pull it out and listen to it once or twice a week back when it came out. It has since become one of my favorite discs and helped me appreciate a new music genre. It really tickles my brain at high volume now.

I can't play it loud when the wife is home, I haven't been able to bring her to the dark side :yikes yet.

I may get blasted for this, but I liken it to someone who hasn't learned to appreciate classical music. It takes a while for the brain to be able to recognize the themes and instruments that make it enjoyable. Now maybe you've decided you just don't want to teach your brain to appreciate a new music genre - and that is fine too.

OK - I had to give this one another spin.... after the comments above.

This is a disc I got back in about 2006 when the one local store was starting to get thin on DVD-A titles. Glad I picked it up...

Not a huge Linkin Park fan... I do have Hybrid Theory on CD though... This is a re-mix album - personally I prefer the originals, but I is a good mix though.

Personally I do find the base is a bit overdone in parts (e.g. FRGT/10)... It might be intentional though :eek:...

I voted 7... still stand by this: 3 points for mix, 3 for sonics, 1 for content.

I only warmed up to LP a couple of years after thir heyday, but then really came to enjoy Hybrid Theory and Meteora (i.e. the 2 albums that defined them, before they started sucking).

Took me even longer to buy Reanimation on CD, but then, it became my favourite Linkin Park album by a long shot! I love how the original songs are remixed here, there's an abundance of creativity on this album. This is how good remixes are done: take the original song and completely reimagine it! Additional lyrics, new arrangements, new elements, yet, still recognizably the original songs at the core. Plus, the entire thing is a gapless flow from start to finish.

Needless to say, I was blown away all over again when I switched to the DVD-A and 5.1 mix. Immersive as hell, an all-out, no holds barred thrill ride, this is what music in 5.1 is all about.

In short, the title is the tits in all respects, and I'm giving this disc a 10.

I only warmed up to LP a couple of years after thir heyday, but then really came to enjoy Hybrid Theory and Meteora (i.e. the 2 albums that defined them, before they started sucking).

Took me even longer to buy Reanimation on CD, but then, it became my favourite Linkin Park album by a long shot! I love how the original songs are remixed here, there's an abundance of creativity on this album. This is how good remixes are done: take the original song and completely reimagine it! Additional lyrics, new arrangements, new elements, yet, still recognizably the original songs at the core. Plus, the entire thing is a gapless flow from start to finish.

Needless to say, I was blown away all over again when I switched to the DVD-A and 5.1 mix. Immersive as hell, an all-out, no holds barred thrill ride, this is what music in 5.1 is all about.

In short, the title is the tits in all respects, and I'm giving this disc a 10.

There's stuff of merit on the past two albums. They couldn't continue to do that same sound forever. They had to evolve somewhere.

"The Catalyst" is on permanent gym-listening rotation for me.

but then really came to enjoy Hybrid Theory and Meteora (i.e. the 2 albums that defined them, before they started sucking).

What he said. Their first album is really excellent. Linkin Park suffers from Pearl Jam disease. Mediocre 2nd album, and beyond that ... no thanks.

But I digress... This is an amazing 5.1 album. I hesitantly got a copy of this; worried that I wouldn't like the music, but damn...it jams. And the mix is extremely lively. Samples are all over the place - and not in an irritating, contrived way - it's very well-done. Sonically, it's excellent with only one occasional exception. There are moments when his shrieking voice is a bit hot and it overpowers the mix, but it's fairly rare.

The menues are great. You get the 2-page playlist, and unique pages for each song chosen. Then, on those song-pages, there is sometimes a link to watch the video in surround. This is a great feature.

Basically, this disc is fun to listen to and easy to use. I give it a 10.

Been too long since I voted in a poll, but today it was destined.
Chester Bennington's suicide in the same manner as Chris Cornell's. The two of them being good friends and this being Cornell's birthday.
Was an appropriate day to spin this disc again. Music is right up my alley. Mix is bonkers discrete. Fidelity is good. I only gave it a 9 because the sound stream choices are a bit limited. MLP 48/24 or stereo 44.1k for audio only and DD 5.1 and DD 2.0 for the videos?
If you like newer rock mixed with hip-hop elements at all (or think you might) GET THIS.
RIP CHESTER :(

was listening to The Sneaker Pimps 6 Underground for a while, took a minute to realize the singer was Kelli Ali :eek::cool: (because I'm a dumb idiot) so did a little sleuthing and turns out she is featured on Track 15."My<Dsmbr" ("My December") (featuring Mickey P. and Kelli Ali)

RIP Chester, so sad

I give this mix a 9

I hardly ever spin this one, and when I do it just makes me wish Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes To Midnight were given the DVD-A treatment.

Undeniably an impressive mix though.

Follow -up to the above. Received Reanimation today. Bought it used and it's in really good shape.
To my surprise, inside the case was the Warner Music Group customer satisfaction pre-paid postage response card. Any guesses as to what if I mail it in. :eek:
Sad though, because this dates back to when DVD - A was a promising new format. :(

Back