HiRez Poll Vivaldi - La Stravaganza, 12 Violin Concertos [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Vivaldi (Rachel Podger) - LA STRAVAGANZA, 12 VIOLIN CONCERTOS

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
This was one of the first surround titles I bought when I started this amazing (expensive) hobby.

It is one of the best. It transports me for all audible purposes to a real concert hall. Nothing fake or contrived about this. Sounds real.

Podger and orchestra are perfect.

Easy 10.

This does sound really good but I 'only' voted an 8. I like it... but it does start to sound a bit samey after a while... Purely subjective I know! If you want to know what an orchestra would sound like in your home then give this a spin! I bought this as a download from native dsd.

Last edited:
I bought this release purely on the poll rating, as I thought humm I don't have many classical releases in surround...:unsure:

Well, it is a really beautiful recording but..
It is ambience.

And therefore I don't really understand on that basis, how it rates so highly.
I have just reached out in another thread and asked for the top recommended classical release that fills my ears from all corners of the bat cave.

I can only give it an 8 as the major criteria isn't met..imo.

Last edited:
I bought this release purely on the poll rating, as I thought humm I don't have may classical releases in surround...:unsure:

It is ambience.

I have just reached out in another thread and asked for the top recommended classical release that fills my ears from all corners of the bat cave.

I bought this collection years ago for the same reason as you... and had the same reaction! I’ve since changed my surround expectations for classical releases, but there are definitely better releases than this for surround content... look for rereleases of classical quads from the seventies for the best surround activity and performances (IMO).

I bought this release purely on the poll rating, as I thought humm I don't have many classical releases in surround...:unsure:

It is ambience.

Because that is what most classical music listeners prefer.
IMO, they are. :cool:

Back