HiRez Poll Cooper, Alice - BILLION DOLLAR BABIES [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Alice Cooper - BILLION DOLLAR BABIES

• Total voters
ahh only Necro thread by 3 months :mad:@: damn you Timbre :banana:

Overall I gave this a 7.............through the first 3 tracks I was like ummm........after that I was very entertained - Billion Dollar Babies, I Love the Dead even Unfinished Sweet kicked in............Those tracks by themselves were an 8 to a 9

Not a huge Alice fan, but grew up with this one album..........An old friend of mine used to play this allllllll the time (he is long deceased a few years after high school), So it brings back a lot of memories........Wish he could hear it.

"I Love the Dead" actually made me laugh.........ya gotta listen to it..........I think Alice was messing on that track with the old 50's doowop backups....too funny, bout spit out my rum & coke.........not sure i ever heard it so vivid

I really wasn't expecting much..............came away with a lil smile on my face. Even listened to the interview snips and watched the somewhat funny video of Elected. Can u imagine today...........they taking a baby and putting makeup on it like that. They would be arrested. I mean an actual baby :yikes

Might have to listen to "Welcome to My Nightmare" next

I HATE the way the Quad mix has vocals in fronts and rears at same time. That being said the placement of instruments at times is superior to the DVD A. The DVD A however hs nice bass anc clear vocals which i love.

Alice+Cooper+-+Billion+Dollar+Babies+-+DVD+Audio-210371.jpg

There's a solution: set up a 5.1 and a Quad system in the same room. Synch up the DVD-A and CD-4. You'll have created a 9.1 mix. :mad:@:
Likely it would be equivalent to what Chivas Regal created with their blend of 100 single malt scotches. Can you say slop? I knew you could.
Chivas%20100%20Century%20of%20Malts%20-001-500x500.jpg

I HATE the way the Quad mix has vocals in fronts and rears at same time. That being said the placement of instruments at times is superior to the DVD A. The DVD A however hs nice bass anc clear vocals which i love.

Alice+Cooper+-+Billion+Dollar+Babies+-+DVD+Audio-210371.jpg

There's a solution: set up a 5.1 and a Quad system in the same room. Synch up the DVD-A and CD-4. You'll have created a 9.1 mix. :mad:@:
Likely it would be equivalent to what Chivas Regal created with their blend of 100 single malt scotches. Can you say slop? I knew you could.
Chivas%20100%20Century%20of%20Malts%20-001-500x500.jpg

That is like 200 Dollar Slop :howl

I purchased this DVD-A in 2015. It is my only version of this recording. Highly enjoyable and I would recommend. Alice Cooper puts out great entertaining music. I will give this a 9 as it is not a reference disc to show off my machine, but when I am by myself I really dig it. I am new to QQ and these polls are really cool, love reading other peoples opinions. I own 2/3 of the gallery and will chip away at it with my own opinion.

I purchased this DVD-A in 2015. It is my only version of this recording. Highly enjoyable and I would recommend. Alice Cooper puts out great entertaining music. I will give this a 9 as it is not a reference disc to show off my machine, but when I am by myself I really dig it. I am new to QQ and these polls are really cool, love reading other peoples opinions. I own 2/3 of the gallery and will chip away at it with my own opinion.

Just think Markie, if you had won the Power Ball Jackpot you'd be a Billion Dollar Baby, too.

Just recently picked this up from a fellow member (Thanks Gene!)

The first few songs are ok , but nothing great in the mix. The mix does get better as the album progresses. Musically it's a really good album.
I voted a 7. Not a bad mix, but nothing too adventurous. The music is some of Alice's best. Really wish I could get a hold of the quad mix for comparison.

Reactions: GOS
Recently picked this up for a reasonable price on eBay ($40)
What a pleasant surprise the live tracks are in 5.1!
Alice is a bit hoarse, but the energy is fantastic...breathes new life into old tunes...especially the guitar playing in the rear speakers...rip-your-head-off good in spots (and this is coming from an Iron Maiden fan!)
Well worth a purchase at a reasonable price 🤑

Just recently picked this up from a fellow member (Thanks Gene!)

The first few songs are ok , but nothing great in the mix. The mix does get better as the album progresses. Musically it's a really good album.
I voted a 7. Not a bad mix, but nothing too adventurous. The music is some of Alice's best. Really wish I could get a hold of the quad mix for comparison.
Wow, I wondered where my disc went. hahaha. Must have sold it in a weak moment.

Alice is a bit hoarse, but the energy is fantastic...breathes new life into old tunes...especially the guitar playing in the rear speakers...rip-your-head-off good in spots (and this is coming from an Iron Maiden fan!)
Dang,
I've been looking for this disc forever!
If anybody wants to sell their's drop me a line.
:)

I wish that they would do a surround mix of "Killer." It's my favorite Alice Cooper album.

Back