HiRez Poll Spears, Britney - IN THE ZONE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Britney Spears - IN THE ZONE

• Total voters
Try getting the Dualdisc version - Snood got lucky a week ago and found it for 5 bux in great condition on Discogs, just got it in the mail today. It does have the 5.1 mix...
Is it the same 5.1 mix? I read somewhere that it's a less adventurous mix.

It's a different mix, and according to what I've read, it sucks. The awesome mix is only on the DVD-A... Which is crazy expensive now. I have listened to some tracks and it is pretty damn amazing indeed, both in terms of mixing and sound quality. Still... N.E.R.D.'s "In Search Of..." is easily as good in those departments and it's good music to boot. Get that instead ;-)

No! Not the dual disk!!! It's baaaaaaadddd and bad. It *has* to be the DVD-A. The dual disk has a bad mix.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

It's a different mix, and according to what I've read, it sucks. The awesome mix is only on the DVD-A... Which is crazy expensive now. I have listened to some tracks and it is pretty damn amazing indeed, both in terms of mixing and sound quality. Still... N.E.R.D.'s "In Search Of..." is easily as good in those departments and it's good music to boot. Get that instead ;-)
I must have gotten lucky, got In The Zone for $31.00 US plus shipping off the bay in August 2014, keep looking. I'm with you on N.E.R.D BrightS, solid disc beware the potty mouth though. POLL THREAD

I've been hunting for N.E.R.D. "In Search Of..." for months now...

Keep looking, it'll come up at a reasonable price eventually. Flies under the radar at times.
True! I found Dark Side of The Moon SACD for $6 at a used store. PROBLEM IS, most of them compare to Amazon nowadays.

Well for 5 bux............it will do cuz Snood aint paying very much more for Britney:howl

Luv me Surround sound..........buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it's Britney Spears , not Pink Floyd Animals :rolleyes:

So...............yeah

Question is - it's hard to believe that 2 different people would take the time to mix..........ummmmmmm Britney

know the Dual is only Dolby, but........

Guess me point is, Snood will take the 5 dollar DUAL DISC mix for Britney rather than the 200 hundred dollar DVD-A mix.......It's BRITNEY SPEARS ....

Trash in Trash out - 5.1 or not

Oh btw Snood not angry, it just me can't believe Snood spent even 5 bux on Britney

Although her 2nd cover on Rolling Stone in 2003 is so Awesome - which would be about the time this album was put out......you can tell by the cover that Britney was then and still is, all about the music.

Please don't ban Snood!!!

britney-spears-nackt-rolling-stone.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha ha okay. Well, prepare yourself for some reverb. If you want to hear the real 5.1 I could hook you up with a bootleg.

Well for 5 bux............it will do cuz Snood aint paying very much more for Britney:howl

Luv me Surround sound..........buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it's Britney Spears , not Pink Floyd Animals :rolleyes:

So...............yeah

Question is - it's hard to believe that 2 different people would take the time to mix..........ummmmmmm Britney

know the Dual is only Dolby, but........

Guess me point is, Snood will take the 5 dollar DUAL DISC mix for Britney rather than the 200 hundred dollar DVD-A mix.......It's BRITNEY SPEARS ....

Trash in Trash out - 5.1 or not

Oh btw Snood not angry, it just me can't believe Snood spent even 5 bux on Britney

Although her 2nd cover on Rolling Stone in 2003 is so Awesome - which would be about the time this album was put out......you can tell by the cover that Britney was then and still is, all about the music.

Please don't ban Snood!!!

britney-spears-nackt-rolling-stone.jpg

Looks like some SH members have found a new avatar!

Is it the same 5.1 mix? I read somewhere that it's a less adventurous mix.
that's two different prints on different labels.
the cool mix was done by engineer from Silverline but for Zomba Group on Jive Records.
issue on Dual Disc isn't re-print but separate issue for another label.
i don't know which one and don't know who did mix.

...Also, just for reference check out the separation on the Britney Spears IN THE ZONE 5.1 Mix. It's extreme. I don't care how much you hate her, that is some rich mixing!

In addition, the mix wasn't limited or compressed at all unlike similar albums of this genre. The dynamic range is very good: DR12. Chris Haynes and Bob Michaels did an excellent job with this album (y) .

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/britney-spears.html

I recently got my hands on a copy of this. As much as I loathe the music, you just have to admire the mix. Decent sound quality, and a surprising amount of dynamic range too, for a modern pop mix. I won't listen to it often because it is just not my style of music, but it is a great mix to showcase what 5.1 is capable of. It is a shame it is out of print, and that the same mix wasn't included on the dualdisc, because this had the potential to expose a lot of young listeners to 5.1 music.

This had the potential to expose a lot of young listeners to 5.1 music.

I totally agree. At that time, the demographic Britney was hitting was spending tons of money on cd's and dvd's. Cd collections were still kind of a thing. I imagine the only issue was that this same demographic wasn't investing much in in-home theater systems though. Just a thought.

This is one of the disks I pull out whenever I want to show 5.1 to a newbie, mostly because I have never met a person who doesn't know/like Toxic. haha. Also, the mix is fun, aggressive, and I've said it again and again, a real showcase of (not singing ability but) quality musical production.

Wow, can't believe others didn't call out Shadow and Everything as stand-out songs.
They're pretty friggin great, actually. I would be a fan of an album of such songs.

As far as POP music goes, Britney's In The Zone is a sugary confection MADE in HEAVEN with a thrilling YOU ARE THERE surround mix.

Unfortunately, RCA [JIVE] only released a handful of DVD~As before pulling the plug, and glad to have Britney on DVD~A.:)

http://www.amazon.com/Zone-Britney-...y+Spears+In+The+Zone+DVD~Audio&tag=acleint-20

One of the other RCA DVD~As which Rocks the Casbah is the Foo Fighters One By One .......VERY highly recommended http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...7&ref_=tmm_dva_swatch_0&sr=8-4&tag=acleint-20

Ok - not being a Britney fan I recently found a copy of the DVDA of In the Zone on Ebay for $41 and I have to say the surround mix is, indeed, wonderful! Moreover, in spite of myself I am actually enjoying a few of the tunes. My wife loves Top 40 and is a 'tween' and loves it even more! A wonderfully creative surround mix!

Last edited:
Back