1st Mobile Fidelity Surround Sound SACD from Vox

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
FYI, at last week's HE 2003 show in San Francisco, Mobile Fidelity sneak previewed their first Surround Sound SACD.

For Quad fans of the 1970's you'll enjoy learning that the first release is from one the Vox Classical Music QS Series. In this case, they've gone back to the original 4 channel discrete analog master tape, transferred it to a Sony Sonoma DSD Mastering Station and created the master there.

It's nice and quite a nostalgic moment !

See the story on High Fidelity Review at
www.highfidelityreview.co...r=15509970 for more details.

Wow, I hope this is an indication of more things to come. MoFi surround discs, that's just too cool. Now they've come full circle. Back in the day, Brad Miller released a number of surround recordings on his Mobile Fidelity record label (prior to it becoming the MoFi we know and love today).

From my discussions with them, I think it's very likely we will see more Mobile Fidelity Surround SACDs.

I have a quad MoFi vinyl album from the early seventies, of train sound effects, recorded by Brad. (Apparently he was a huge train fan, as was my father, which is where I got the album). Are these worth anything (even to people on here)?

Back