Bryan Ferry's Boys & Girls in SACD Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Bryan Ferry's album "Boys & Girls" is now available in SACD Surround Sound from Virgin/EMI UK. I picked up a copy and enjoyed the results.

Very much like the Avalon SACD. Not a surprise since the producer, engineer and mastering engineer are the same !

See the write up on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=10204867 for more details.

bmoura said:
Bryan Ferry's album "Boys & Girls" is now available in SACD Surround Sound from Virgin/EMI UK. I picked up a copy and enjoyed the results.

Very much like the Avalon SACD. Not a surprise since the producer, engineer and mastering engineer are the same !

See the write up on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=10204867 for more details.

I'd say way better than Avalon. The multi-channel presentation is extraordinary. It's the best effort as of today for any Bryan Ferry hi rez disc. Now waiting for Bete Noire, Taxi and Mamouna.

HiRes_PR said:
I'd say way better than Avalon. The multi-channel presentation is extraordinary. It's the best effort as of today for any Bryan Ferry hi rez disc. Now waiting for Bete Noire, Taxi and Mamouna.

Well, if this one gets as good a reception as the Avalon Surround Sound SACD did I'm sure the others will follow.

Got my copy this week...on first listen...
This Ferry solo is as close to Roxy - Avalon as you can get. A lot of the same musicians/tech guys involved.
I am extremely happy with the overall - warm sound and fully immersive surround. The MC experience really suits what Ferry does so well.
Minor complaint...I wish they would include as extras the 12" mixes that were done of the singles, some are really good and real hard to find now as they were vinyl only...
All in all another tremendous surround release by Bryan Ferry and HIGHLY recommended. (y)

What is a reasonable price to pay for this?

Reasonable for something like this is in the eye of beholder....market price for used start around $50(when you can find them)and go on up from that point...amazon here ebay here...you can do better if you wait and keep an eye on different sources...it's a waiting game to get the lowest price...

Back