ABC Command Quadraphonic QS Albums

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I just updated the ABC page here at QQ

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/abc.htm

Can any of you quad LP collectors check you LPs and see if there are any other of these albums besides the "You Don't Mess Around with Jim", "Life and Times", and "Can't Buy a Thrill" that came with two different covers.

Please let me know if you have one.

Thanks

Jon,

just for the record, there are two errors in the ABC page regarding the Koss "Perspectives" L.P. The Joe Walsh song is not the title track to "So What" but rather "Falling Down". The other is minor; the correct title of the Jimmy Buffet song is "They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More".

Thanks Zab! I just corrected that page. Gave me a change to add the CQ logo that I forgot to put in there yesterday!

This was my first use of a larger scanner that I just aquired. I still had to patch the jackets together, but the results are better than with a digital camera.

:-jon

..................and just for the hell of it, I added a picture of the Koss KQD-75, so that should about wrap us this page.

Well..................I could do a section on the Jukebox 7" discs,....yeah, I probably should.

NEVERMIND - it ain't done yet............................. :(

JonUrban said:
..................and just for the hell of it, I added a picture of the Koss KQD-75, so that should about wrap us this page.

Well..................I could do a section on the Jukebox 7" discs,....yeah, I probably should.

NEVERMIND - it ain't done yet............................. :(

Please add a jukebox section if you can. I have a Steely Dan 4 track 7" 33 1/3 rpm 'Command Quadraphonic' single with cuts from Pretzel Logic. Side One has "With A Gun" and "Rikki Don't Lose That Number"; Side Two has "Barrytown" and "Pretzel Logic." Its catalogue number is LLP #QD-255, and was "Produced by ABC Records for Little LP's Unlimited, Danbury, Conn."

JonUrban said:
I just updated the ABC page here at QQ

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/abc.htm

Can any of you quad LP collectors check you LPs and see if there are any other of these albums besides the "You Don't Mess Around with Jim", "Life and Times", and "Can't Buy a Thrill" that came with two different covers.

Please let me know if you have one.

Thanks
ALL the Jim Croce are available in two different covers. Also add Steely Dan/Countdown to Ecstasy. As for CQD-40000 Persuasive Percussion, there are 2 different PICTURES covers.

OK, who's got these. I cannot believe that the Croce Hits LP was released without a border, but what do I know? Anyone have the I Got a Name with the border? It would make sense that if 6, 7, and 9 were made with both covers, that 8 would have been as well. However, 20 would really be a surprise! :D

JonUrban said:
OK, who's got these. I cannot believe that the Croce Hits LP was released without a border, but what do I know? Anyone have the I Got a Name with the border? It would make sense that if 6, 7, and 9 were made with both covers, that 8 would have been as well. However, 20 would really be a surprise! :D
I don't think too that the Croce Hits LP was released without a border, I did lots of checkings last few days on this, but again who knows. Still check on this just in case. The CQD-40000 Persuasive Percussion only one cover version USA release too ! Find scan for the others. for my mistakes I scaned also the Steely Dan Philipines release as a bonus. I have the Croce copy, if you need a scan for your Quad Label page let me know, and give me 2 weeks to do it.

Attachments

• quad_forum.GIF
    quad_forum.GIF
    99.9 KB · Views: 255
I recently obtained a very clean copy of the "Persuasive Percussion" LP and played it last night. I know the CQ albums are suppose to be QS encoded, but I thought the quad effects (especially the 'circling-the-room' woodblocks and xylophones) actually decoded better played through my Tate II than through my QDS-1. The transition from speaker to speaker was smoother and more natural.

Hmmmm.....

omega4 said:
Please add a jukebox section if you can. I have a Steely Dan 4 track 7" 33 1/3 rpm 'Command Quadraphonic' single with cuts from Pretzel Logic. Side One has "With A Gun" and "Rikki Don't Lose That Number"; Side Two has "Barrytown" and "Pretzel Logic." Its catalogue number is LLP #QD-255, and was "Produced by ABC Records for Little LP's Unlimited, Danbury, Conn."

I too, have a few of those...

Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink 4 track 7" with: S1- Rocky Mountain Way, & Happy Ways
S2- Meadows & Midnight Moodies LLP #QD-256 (ABC Records)

The Grass Roots - Their 16 Greatest 6 track 7" with: S1- Midnight Confessions, Sooner Or Later & Where Were You When I Needed You
S2- Temptation Eyes, Wait A Million Years & Heaven Knows - LLP #QD-165 (ABC Records)

Sammy Kaye - Swing And Sway 6 track 7" with: S1- Everything Is Beautiful, We've Only Just Begun & For The Good Times
S2- I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing, You Got Me Crying Again & Good Times Go Right On - LLP #QD-263 (Project 3 Records)

Count Basie - Broadway Basie's Way 6 track 7" with: S1- Hello Young Lovers, Mame & On The Street Where You Live
S2- On A Clear Day, People & Everything's Coming Up Roses - LLP # QD-202 (Project 3 Records)

There are others out there I know of a Jim Croce - Greatest His 4 track as
well as your Steely Dan, neither of which I have (I do have the full LPs though).

-Bob

Back