Alison Krauss New Favorite in SACD Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it for 95USD instead of 182USD in new condition at Amazon. Thanks to Clint Eastwood here :D
Can't wait for receive this album on SACD, even in Spotify it sounds good, hehe!

Appropriately titled "New Favorite" is one of my new favorites! I've been watching the market for months, waiting for a great deal. Finally Amazon had a NM copy for $49. Snagged!

Reference quality in terms of music, recording quality, surround mix, and mastering. To my ears not a bad track on the album. Bluegrass is a few lines down my genre list. In surround, Alison Krauss and her band are near the top.

10. :bounce

If you want a really stunning SACD blue grass experience, I HIGHLY recommend: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=517

It's stereo only but the sound is unfreakingbelievable and the performances equally so.

Get it! This SACD has impeccable sound quality, decent non-discrete surround, and amazing musicianship. New Favorite is a sound quality reference. On a well well tuned system with good acoustics Alison’s voice sounds like liquid gold. I used it to arrange acoustic panels. When she sings in the middle of her range, if the room has excess reflections it can “bloom” and lack clarity. After proper panel placement I discovered how truly clear that voice is.

Get it! This SACD has impeccable sound quality, decent non-discrete surround, and amazing musicianship. New Favorite is a sound quality reference. On a well well tuned system with good acoustics Alison’s voice sounds like liquid gold. I used it to arrange acoustic panels. When she sings in the middle of her range, if the room has excess reflections it can “bloom” and lack clarity. After proper panel placement I discovered how truly clear that voice is.

It's a great album in SACD Surround Sound.
A favorite here as well.

Highest recommendation.

I got lucky. Took a chance on a HAMMERED copy off of Amazon. Played it. No skips. Looks like somebody took steel wool to it, but that's the only way I could afford it...
It's WONDERFUL...

Back