Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Surround Sound SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bluray-club.ru? I can read Russian. They want 180 rubles for it.. which is only $5. I asked him how much shipping will be. I tried registering on the site but it didn't work out.

Do we think think this stuff is legit? Are they perhaps copies of the real thing? I can post some pix of what appears on tv if someone can verify.

The seller I bought mine from has good feedback on all his previous PF bluray sales, whatever that's worth.

Do we think think this stuff is legit? Are they perhaps copies of the real thing? I can post some pix of what appears on tv if someone can verify.

The seller I bought mine from has good feedback on all his previous PF bluray sales, whatever that's worth.
The fact that it is "Russian" and $20?
Seems obvious.

Sure post it..

does it really matter if it's not legit? It's still a bit-for-bit copy right? I was actually planning on getting both since the price is right. the real SACD for $30 and maybe this fake blu-ray for $20.. not too bad. cheaper than the deluxe blu-ray set itself

Here's an interesting video from Pink Floyd on the remixing of the album Wish You Were Here into 5.1 Surround Sound by Producer/Engineer James Guthrie on Vimeo.

It tells the story of a missing Piano on the WYWH 4.0 Quad Mix and how it was restored for the 5.1 Surround mix.
The video also has comments from the band on the new 5.1 SACD Surround Mix at the end of the video.

The Missing Piano Video -365.jpg
http://vimeo.com/41085122

Wow Thank you - this was Awesome Bmoura :banana: - Watched the whoooooooole thing

Is the video from Mexico? Says this:

¡Ay caramba!

This video can’t be played with your current setup.

You're welcome. It provides some good insight into the remixing and remastering process for the Pink Floyd Surround Sound SACD releases.

Ah, so a bit of doctoring...yet the final result remains remarkable. WYWH remains my favorite Floyd album, except maybe for MEDDLE (the early Syd stuff is in a different and wonderful class of its own and really can't be compared to anything else). DSOTM I've probably heard too much over the years, though from a production standpoint is on a level of quality with such as SGT. PEPPER for studio inventiveness.

Thanks for sharing, Brian.

ED :)

I bought two when it first came out from FYE and the spare is still sealed. Seems like a lousy idea to put this out of print when they've got Amused To Death coming out soon.

I guess the SACD isn't really necessary though since there's the Blu-ray which I usually play instead.

I bought two when it first came out from FYE and the spare is still sealed. Seems like a lousy idea to put this out of print when they've got Amused To Death coming out soon.

I guess the SACD isn't really necessary though since there's the Blu-ray which I usually play instead.

Depends on how many they may sell in the future. And the cost of a new pressing of the SACD.

Dark Side Of The Moon on SACD seems rather scarce. Haven't seen one for awhile in stores.

Dark Side Of The Moon on SACD seems rather scarce. Haven't seen one for awhile in stores.

I still see that one in stores. And on line. No Out of Stock warning there from Elusive Disc. But it's on EMI, not Analogue Productions.
Probably different economics in play.

Dark Side of the Moon SACD was one of the most well-known Crest Crackers. If Crest would have been smart they would have fixed the problem, continued making SACDs, and would be getting a lot of the SACD pressing business now instead of it all going to Austria.

Back