Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Surround Sound SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap, I was freaking out for a moment, as in, "how the hell did I miss those!"

Dang, if we were reduced to bitching about differences in Pink Floyd SACD packaging I'd be in hog heaven!

nice link soundboy. reading that the SACD packaging designs have been created makes this a pretty juicy tidbit indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepguy
Now www.brain-damage.co.uk says "Q2 2007? - Wish You Were Here SACD". Will this ever see the light of day? Do you think it will really be released on SACD in the hybrid format that DSOTM was released in? Or DVD-A?

That was posted a year and a half ago so I don't know if it means anything now, but as far as I know nothing further has been indicated or denied.

Chris

It looks like there is a recent update on the website, which I saw mentioned in another forum.

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/books/mind-over-matter-4-storm-thorgerson-peter-curzon-2007.html

"So, if you want to see Storm's designs for the Wish You Were Here SACD packaging (which he notes is due February 2008, but this date is by no means cast in stone!)"

Anyone think this will actually happen?

I'll believe it when I see it. All we have here is a remark by an illustrator (albeit one who's worked with the band) that he's created artwork for an SACD release. No firm date, no label, no country of release, nothing from the band members or their management. Check the thread on the SACD forum - goes back to 2005 with many "almost certain" release dates between then and now.

One thing that gives me a small bit of hope is that EMI, through Virgin, is doing the Genesis SACDs in the EU, so it's not entirely far-fetched that they might release one or two selected other rock catalog titles in the format (Kate Bush...now that would be nice. I can dream.)

UK -> SACD
US -> Crappy DD

I hope not, but then again, most of us buy the imports anyway.

I don't wanna die!:eek:

LOL. :D

I wouldn't be against a DTS version make available since I might could see a few non-surroundophiles picking up such a disc. Not as many as DSOTM would have, but some nonetheless. Personally, I'd seek out an SACD version.

Maybe it'd just be the best if we could get a 2-disc package containing a hybrid SACD and a DVD-Audio/Video disc with both hi-rez 96/24 surround and DTS/DD. Yeah... That'd about cover it.

Hell, how about the entire PF catalog in 5.1 on one Blu-Ray or HD DVD disc. That would get me to buy a player.

I don't doubt that the artwork may have been commissioned, but when I think of all the 5.1 mixes done in the can that the music corporations won't release I find it hard to get too excited. I'm just happy to have a really nice DVD-A of the SQ vinyl. If it does get released though, I'll be the pre-ordering ASAP.

Back