DVD/DTS Poll Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Switchfoot - THE BEAUTIFUL LETDOWN

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Last edited:
I had been thinking 7. But since the sonics on this disc, which are provided by Dolby Digital, aren't particularly good I went with a 6. (I wonder what bit rate they used? It seems Dolby Digital sometimes can sound a little better than this.) I still respect the mostly subtle mix by Elliot Mazer and I bet it would sound wonderful in hi-rez. (Sigh.)

As for the video content, it's nothing special. Two music videos of the same song. Sadly, SonyBMG doesn't even offer the music videos in 5.1 surround sound. And then some behind-the-scenes footage. There is an acoustic performance of "On Fire" that the band perform on a sidewalk for fans who couldn't get tickets to a sold-out concert. That was kinda cool.

I have this on SACD. Haven't opened it yet, so as to preserve my option to return it. Any opinions on the SACD version?

Found this really cheap ($3)...haven't finished it yet but I really bought it just to hear "Meant To Live" in surround. I always thought that track would make for an awesome surround mix but the actual thing isn't at all how I would have done it. Having the stereo guitar riff bounce from the fronts to the rears would have made for a lot more gimmicky fun. I'll score when I finish but will prob be like a 6 or 7.

Back