Chesky Releases 1st SACD Only Album

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
FYI, I picked up Rebecca Pidgeon's new Retrospective SACD at Tower Records in Mountain View earlier today.

Along with that album, they had done quite a restocking including new SACDs from Alia Vox, Chandos, Five for Fighting on Aware/Columbia, the 2 new Audio Fidelity SACDs and several others.

Good to see them keeping up with the new SACD releases !

For more on the Rebecca Pidgeon's "Retrospective" Multichannel SACD, check the story on High Fidelity Review at www.highfidelityreview.co...r=15099550

ICE shows that the Livingston Taylor CD/DAD "Ink" is being re-released as an SACD. I guess they will do that will most of the titles formerly released as DVD (not DVD-A).

Interesting. I know that has been requested (the Livingston Taylor albums being reissued on SACD) but I haven't heard that one.

As for more SACDs, Chesky has told me in the past that they are very happy with their SACD sales numbers and that I should expect them to continue to release more titles on SACD as the year rolls on.

The other thing to watch here will be to see if more new releases (vs. reissues) appear as SACD only Hybrids - as they did this week with Retrospective and Concord Records did with Chick Corea's Rendezvous in New York.

>>ICE shows that the Livingston Taylor CD/DAD "Ink" is being re-released as an SACD. I guess they will do that will most of the titles formerly released as DAD (not DVD-A). <<

Back