Quad LP/Tape Poll Kraftwerk: Autobahn [Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate AUTOBAHN

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters
I gave this a 10. Musically, I'm a huge Kraut Rock fan, and this is one of the greatest and most influential Kraut albums around. This may also be the only Kraut album released in a discrete quad format if I'm not mistaken.

I also really enjoyed the mix: the front to back panning, as others have mentioned, definitely fits the vibe of driving down the Autobahn. The separation also really opens up the sound field nicely on the other tracks..

I also find the sound to be quite good for a Q8 when playing it through my Akai-CR-80D-SS. The high's are obviously a little compromised due to the limitations of the format, but overall everything comes through pretty crisp. Also gotta love that low end on the bass synths!

Overall, while this is not the greatest quad mix of all time, the content and the great (for Q8) sound give it a 10 in my book. This also gets bonus points for being the first Q8 I ever bought and the main reason why I got into Q8s in the first place. Highly recommended for any Kraut/Electronic fans!

P.S. I also find it irritating that the last minute of Autobahn was moved to Program 2 :mad:

I don't get how something that is not great in the review still scores a 10.

The content is a hard 10, but the mix, even with the occasional car sounds moving by you, doesn't seem often very discrete if i remember correctly. The mix is definitely very enjoyable though and adds to the content. The Q8 sounds pretty good for the format. 8

Back