Peter Gabriel's UP postponed ??!!??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nomzamo

The 15th of April release date for Peter Gabriel's latest album on SACD has been postponed to the 3d of JUNE. The other titles of his back catalogue are still on for the 29th of April. Does someone know anything about this date change ???

From what I've heard, that is correct.

>>The 15th of April release date for Peter Gabriel's latest album on SACD has been postponed to the 3d of JUNE. The other titles of his back catalogue are still on for the 29th of April. Does someone know anything about this date change ??? <<

do we have formal confirmation as well that the SACD's of all the other albums are -for sure- not hybrid?

Annoying if it's true... Is it really that much of a pain not to do hybrid for stereo discs? Can the quality suffer so much, especially on albums that are not 74 minutes to begin with?

Everything I've seen to date says that the Peter Gabriel SACDs in the U.S., except Up, will be Single Layer Stereo SACDs.

However, I also hear that, like the Police SACDs, the Stereo SACDs will be Hybrids in Europe.

The good news is that after the Gabriel SACDs, all of the upcoming Universal SACDs are shown as Hybrid SACDs. So perhaps they are getting the message that music buyers prefer Hybrid SACDs to Single Layer SACDs.

Back