Universal Sets 6 SACDs for April 8th; Plans 31 More

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shaggy and Steely Dan Gaucho (which I have on dts). Will the Gaucho be the same mix?

I understand that Gaucho will be a new Surround Mix. Apparently the old one didn't make the grade sonically for SACD release.

I'm so glad they seem to be going to hybrids, I only wish they'd made that decision before the Police remasters (and yes, I know about the imports, I just don't feel like paying the import cost!)

The move by Universal to Multichannel and Hybrids is encouraging.

Even though Universal was offering a discount on the Single Layer SACDs (lower than either their regular Stereo CD version or Hybrid SACDs), I think most folks will pay the extra $ for the Hybrid SACDs.

I remember there was a problem with that surround mix. When you mix it down to stereo, things cancel out, they never tested that when mixing. That probably isn't much of an issue with SACD, being that it contains a seperate stereo mix, but I remember that was an issue that came up after the dts disc was released, so maybe that has something to do with it being remixed again.

I don't believe that is the issue. I think it was simply that they decided a mix with better sonics was needed for the Multichannel SACD release.

Back