DVD/DTS Poll Clapton, Eric - There's One In Every Crowd [DTS CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS-CD of Eric Clapton - THERE'S ONE IN EVERY CROWD

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
OK, so it's NOT THE BEST Clapton disc ..but there's a certain charm and intimacy to it .....I really like it...AAMOF, it's one of my favorite of his....

OK, so it's NOT THE BEST Clapton disc ..but there's a certain charm and intimacy to it .....I really like it...AAMOF, it's one of my favorite of his....

I was going to say, it isn't 461, but the quad mix is excellent.

well each to their own and if QQ-ers here see this as one of those Marmite discs (i.e. just like the brown stuff you either love it or hate it!) I respect their views even if I don't entirely agree cos I flat out l-o-v-e this one in Quad.. and I've had a slightly indulgent spin of it 3 x 4-channel ways now (DTS CD, followed by Blu-ray and tried the CD-4 out more recently) and well my layman's off the cuff is it sounded pretty different each way.. I will get them all up on the computer when I'm bored over the Chrimbo holidays, rack them up side by side and see if they are in fact the same mixes or if its just mastering differences or something.. they probably are all the same.. but its fun finding out (isn't it..!? :eek: )

Just picked up a copy of this based on the opinions in this thread and I must say I'm not disappointed.
The sonics and mix are great with the first track setting the mood with nice content from the rears. Yes it's not EC's best, but as previously mentioned it has a charm that draws you in. The first 5 tracks are great.

Back