Dark Side of the Moon SACD - In Stock ?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Here's a funny one.

One of the web stores, Cheap CDs over at cheap-cds.com/surf/disps/419123, claims they already have over 10 copies of the Dark Side of the Moon SACD in stock !

Guess they're jumping the gun a bit on the March 25th street date. Amazing.

Cheap CDs is still around? I thought they went bankrupt. Oh well.

Yes, it looks like many of the web stores (Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, Circuit City, Cheap CDs, Digital Eyes) now have the Dark Side of the Moon SACD in stock and available for shipping.

There's even a copy on eBay - although they want $24.95 for it as I recall.

Not sure how that works, if you can get it from Best Buy.Com for only $11.99 !

Must be in stock. Elusive disc sent me an e-mail yesterday confirming my order had been shipped!

Can't wait to hear the result. Alas my much beloved SQ quad vinyl can soon be laid to rest in peace. :)

Cheers,
Alan

Well, over on HiRez Highway, someone there reports they picked up a copy of the DSOTM SACD today while picking up some groceries there!

Hmm, so much for the official store date of Tuesday 3/25.

Although I've never bought anything from Walmart I'm curious about what is meant by "Walmart is evil and no friend to the music consumer"

Since this title has been out on CD for years, its not to suprizing that a WalMart would "put it out". The local store probably sees no reason NOT to put it out, as they have no clue why a title that is available now whould have to wait until Tuesday to be restocked.

I.m off to WalMart today. Let's see what happens :D

Interesting set of posts and no need to feel bad about long post ! This information is just the kind of input we all want ! Thanks Rob:D

It's pretty depressing when you pre-order the dang thing months in advance, only to find Joe Schmoe down the street waltz into Wal-Mart and be able to pick it up days before those who pre-ordered it will receive it. Oh well! I'm going nuts waiting for this thing...

I agree with you Cai! What was the price of the disc atWalmart anyway ? I hope it was not cheaper than my pre order , Or I''ll be real Ticked off at that also , Why bother doing a pre order and still get it after some store thats local, and then pay more for it!:( Note to Cai! did your discs get to you yet?)
Rob8o

Haven't received the ELP discs yet... was hoping to listen this weekend! I have enough to keep me busy though. I just got the Police SACD's and I'll be giving those a spin.

hmmm....the walmart I work at almost never breaks street date, unless it's by accident, every now and then we get a box they forgot to put a label on. But usually that's movies, our location doesn't even get in the new release CDs until Monday usually, which is a real bummer, I was hoping they'd come in early and I could sneak one out. Anyways, I had difficulty finding an SACD player at any stores around here too. The Circuit City near me carried the Sony NS755V for around $240, but were sold out. Across the street the wiz had it for $300, but they were having a big sale, 10% off, so they offered it for $270. I told them Circuit City had it cheaper, and they wouldn't go lower, so I walked out of there. Best Buy was sold out of SACD players too, so these things aren't easy to buy, I ended up ordering online and found it cheaper. I found it at shopshine.com for $210. Including shipping, it came out around $230. Anyways, yeah, walmart is evil, I know, I work for them. But I won't get into that, I have a tendency to rant about off topic things for too long. I'm quitting there soon anyways.

Back from WalMart (2 Stores) - No DSOTM! Guess I will have to wait until Tuesday. Best Buy, here I come!

An interesting idea. It could happen.

As for now, don't forget the web stores when looking for SACDs. Places like Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct and Red Trumpet have hundreds of them in stock at good prices.

That's where I go when looking for SACDs the local stores don't carry.

>>Heck - I think Sony or Warner should be doing what record clubs like Columbia House, Capitol Record Club, etc used to do back in the 50's and 60's = offer a free MC player with subscription to a SACD or DVD-A of the month club. I'd join something like that, a multi-channel selection of the month would be awesome, I think. Just a pipe dream.....

It was 14.88 at my Wal-mart here in N. NJ as well. Im near NYC, you'd think it would be lower with the competition around here. I think Best Buy is going to have it for 11.99, but once I heard that it might be available, I found a Walmart near my house and, lo and behold, I'm listening and salivating to it now.

Sorry about the counts, but I couldn't resist. Once people hear how good it sounds, it will sell well anyway (One persons opinion)

-Doug

I've had good results from all of them - Elusive Disc as well. The web stores are a great way to fill out any SACD collection!

As for getting a Multichannel SACD player, you'll have fun there. The Frankie Goes to Hollywood surround mixes are a kick. Definitely shows the British humor there !

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And - it looks like I'm gonna have to make the 4 hour drive up to Atlanta [/quote]
Save the money on the trip and get on on line !
May end up being cheaper and shipped to you!
Rob

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It was 14.88 at my Wal-mart here in N. NJ as well. Im near NYC[/quote]
Wow ! I used to live in North Jersey, where abouts are you?
I was in Bergen County most of my life!
Rob

Back